• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Sister=White Noise

Share/Bookmark

White Sister=White Noise

I recently got the 24 bit White Grand II bundle to use In Logic 7.1.1/EXS. The White Grand loaded up fine but, using the same procedure, all I get from the Sister is white noise (or something similar). I've reinstalled several times, always being careful to include the EXS release samples, and its always the same result.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for me.
    Thanks, JP

Re: White Sister=White Noise

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    I recently got the 24 bit White Grand II bundle to use In Logic 7.1.1/EXS. The White Grand loaded up fine but, using the same procedure, all I get from the Sister is white noise (or something similar). I've reinstalled several times, always being careful to include the EXS release samples, and its always the same result.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for me.
    Thanks, JP
    You need to make sure that the "original" release samples isn't present anywhere. Not even in the paper bin!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I'm not going to hijack the thread- I just wanna say that White Sister, White Noise is one of the best album titles I think I've ever heard (even if it does sounds like (Black Tie, White Noise- it's better)

Worra: Thanks for your reply but when i load the release samples I specify that they are to replace the existing files with the same name. I don't know where they go but they don't go to the trash.
    What I have discovered is that when i listen to the raw samples they sound as they should but somehow after loading the program in EXS they only play back as white noise. Out of desparation I've tried all kinds of different file structures but nothing works.
    I have succesfully loaded the White Grand and TBO but this one's got me.
    What could I be overlooking?
    Thanks, JP

I don't know if this helps, but this is what I went through.....

I use a Mac with Kontakt 2 and every import I did from Akai to GS etc came back the 'white noise' as you mentioned. I could not figure it out and with little hair left somewhere I read something about avoiding AIFF files on the Mac (I know, it makes no sense) and importing/translating files to WAV solves the problem and guess what? It works perfectly now.

Just got mail from Jimmy, problems solved!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Worra is right and I must give some credit to Redmatica's EXS Sample Manager a must have for any EXS user using large libraries.
    And thanks Worra for the White Sister. Although I already have the WG and TBO, which IMHO is now the Holy Grail of sampled pianos, I love the more delicate and softer sound of the White Sister.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    Worra is right and I must give some credit to Redmatica's EXS Sample Manager a must have for any EXS user using large libraries.
    And thanks Worra for the White Sister. Although I already have the WG and TBO, which IMHO is now the Holy Grail of sampled pianos, I love the more delicate and softer sound of the White Sister.
    JP
    Redmatica rocks!!! Glad you like TBO and our other pianos.
    It's so hard to make demos that actually shows TBO's potential. You really have to play it to experience what 93 samples/recorded note means for expression, playability and dynamics. There are simply seamless transitions between the pp layers up to the FF layers!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum