• Register
  • Help

Topic: Canīt get them Percussionists doing there bit !?

Share/Bookmark

Canīt get them Percussionists doing there bit !?

Can anyone please help, Iīve written a fanfare in Finale, which Iīm playing on the GPO studio which is updated. I have 8 Brass voices on Kontakt player No.1 everything just fine (Brass 1- 8)
    Kontakt player No2. is 9 to 12 on the score which are the Timp /
    Sn Drm / Cym & Bass Drm. What am I doing wrong ? the Timp plays and so does the B Drm but the two guys on Snare Drm & Cym seem to be on strike? Does anyone have an ideas what it could be? midi channels wrong ? Iīm having no luck fixing this, forever grateful for any pointers thanx. Fongi

Re: Canīt get them Percussionists doing there bit !?

Make sure the snare drum and cymbal are mapped to the correct midi note in GPO. I know in the Finale 2006/GPO combination using HP, it's better to NOT have percussion staves defined as a "percussion" staff. Define it as a "standard" staff.

Hope this helps,
    JT

Hi Jeff, thanks for your prompt reply, I already noticed that things work better with a standard stave. I didīt really understand how I should
    Make sure the snare drum and cymbal are mapped to the correct midi note in GPO

How do I do that? many thanks. Fongi

Read about percussion mapping in the Finale manual. Basically you'll define what line/space you want (i.e., snare drum) to be displayed on, and what number midi note it will trigger.

An alternate method is to create a separate score for GPO playback. Find out what note the snare sound(s) you want to use are assigned. In the GPO Snare KS patch, there are various snares starting at the G# below middle to to middle C#. Keep track of what key triggers what sound, then notate your score using these pitches. This will play correctly, but need to be changed before it's given to a live player.

Jeff

Go Back to forum