• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ice hockey.

Share/Bookmark

Ice hockey.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I've never played the game but watched a few. The game on at the moment between Sweden and Russia in the Olympics is an absolute corker. Well worth watching.

Re: Ice hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    I've never played the game but watched a few. The game on at the moment between Sweden and Russia in the Olympics is an absolute corker. Well worth watching.

I liked it in 1980 I think it was - when the USA beat those Commies in the greatest ice hockey game ever.

Great Britain won the ice hockey Olympic gold in 1936 I think. How did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    I liked it in 1980 I think it was - when the USA beat those Commies in the greatest ice hockey game ever.

Great Britain won the ice hockey Olympic gold in 1936 I think. How did that happen?
    Yep, great game the Russian/US match, and one that I remembered as a YOUNG man.

Of course, you still would have enjoyed it anyway...........

I also remember that basketball game when the cheating commies beat the Yanks.

Wow! Those cheating commies!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    I also remeber that basketball game when the cheating commies beat the Yanks.

Wow! Those cheating commies!

Lol.
    With their cheating hearts?

Thumbs up Re: Ice hockey.

I am a freaking Hockey nut! Love my home team, The Sabres, and a few of them are in the Olympics on several teams!
    I played Hockey all throughout my childhood and into my teens. My wife thought I was crazy watching the Sabres every week two and sometimes three times per week. Now she looks forward to watching as much as I do. I'm suffering with not enjoying a home team game until the Olympics is over.
    By the way, I played goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I am a freaking Hockey nut! Love my home team, The Sabres, and a few of them are in the Olympics on several teams!
    I played Hockey all throughout my childhood and into my teens. My wife thought I was crazy watching the Sabres every week two and sometimes three times per week. Now she looks forward to watching as much as I do. I'm suffering with not enjoying a home team game until the Olympics is over.
    You'd enjoy the current game, Styxx. The swedish goalie's been pretty good, but the Russian fellow has had an outstanding game. Worth watching, at least to me, a non hockey player.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    This all I know about ice hockey apart from getting to watch it on tv occassionally. My late great great Aunts trophy.

http://www.answers.com/topic/lady-byng-memorial-trophy

Paul, your aunt looks just like Wayne Gretzky!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Paul, your aunt looks just like Wayne Gretzky!

-JF
    I left that line alone, thinking it was a bit tacky, funny but tacky.................

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast