• Register
  • Help

Topic: Snowboarding!

Share/Bookmark

Snowboarding!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Wow! What a great race. The Yank won it well. Never seen this sport before. I wanna try it!

Re: Snowboarding!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Wow! What a great race. The Yank won it well. Never seen this sport before. I wanna try it!

Agreed, Spartacus!
    The coverage here on Russian TV has been excellent. I can cheerfully leave the 'halfpipe' crap and go and watch paint dry, but the SBX is a worthy addition to an olympics, and the races up to the final were worth watching too.....

Alex.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR

be warned, it's not as easy as it looks.

my godson tried to teach it to me a couple of years ago, and my legs still hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    Agreed, Spartacus!
    The coverage here on Russian TV has been excellent. I can cheerfully leave the 'halfpipe' crap and go and watch paint dry, but the SBX is a worthy addition to an olympics, and the races up to the final were worth watching too.....
    Alex.
    Didn't he win it well? About 9 inches I would say. Very exciting race. I used to have a client in London who, years ago started selling all the kit involved in this (at the time) young and new sport. I thought he was slightly mad or at least, eccentric, leaving his job and setting up this company in England. Not of a lot of snow here as you know.

Anyway, it turned into millions - so what do I know.

Olympic snowboarding is great.

But real-world snowboarding is sacrilege, a waste of a great skiing day. We go to Alta, Utah, where they have the good sense to ban snowboards from the mountain (and the bad sense to ban rampant alcohol drinking). They don't like college-age testosterone-ridden males who have either just fallen down - often after barging into a skiier - or are hopelessly out of control and about to.

If you want to do something different, come up to Oregon, visit HooDoo, and rent an Airboard. HooDoo is the only place in the US to allow the airboard on all of their runs.

http://www.nwpr.org/HomepageArticles...le.aspx?n=1645

(Nick has just decided to never, ever visit HooDoo. )

-JF

Go Back to forum