• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Kompakt have an upper memory limit?

Share/Bookmark

Does Kompakt have an upper memory limit?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to open more than 4 instances of EWQLSO in VStack and I keep crashing out at 2GB. It could be that VSTack is the culprate, but before I run out and get another VST shell I'd like to know what the upper limit of memory is for Kompakt. The reps at NAMM said there was no limit, but what do they know? any reply gratefully accepted. Thanks, jc

Re: Does Kompakt have an upper memory limit?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeezulu
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to open more than 4 instances of EWQLSO in VStack and I keep crashing out at 2GB. It could be that VSTack is the culprate, but before I run out and get another VST shell I'd like to know what the upper limit of memory is for Kompakt. The reps at NAMM said there was no limit, but what do they know? any reply gratefully accepted. Thanks, jc
    As windows is a 32bit application it has a maximum memory limit of 4gb. Normally 2gb is reserved for the kernel and 2gb for applications. If the application is set to large address aware and you use the /3gb switch you can use 3gb for the application. VStack is probably not set to large address aware so you most likely won't be able to use more than 2gb. However, as the 3gb max when using the switch is per application you should be able to open 2 instances of VStack and load 1.5gb each (I don't know if you can do that with VStack as I don't own it but it's worth a try).

Regards,

Christiaan

Go Back to forum