• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: BIG MEETING TOMORROW!! SNORLAX & JOAZ!!

Share/Bookmark

BIG MEETING!! SNORLAX & JOAZ!! FOTOS UP!!

I received a surprise email from our resident artist JOAZ that he is currently visiting Indiana--only 50 miles from me.

We have a meeting scheduled for NOON tomorrow...Thursday...for lunch.

I will be posting pictures tomorrow afternoon, of Joaz anyway. Stay tuned.

Of course, the main topic (among others, I'm sure) of lunch discussion will be the intersection of his composing and my euphonium playing.

Think I'm looking forward to that? You bet!!!

I'm not posting much these days because I am using GPO and JABB to make some music!!
    Only so much time during tax season...

Jim (TAFKAS)
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: BIG MEETING TOMORROW!! SNORLAX & JOAZ!!

Are you SERIOUS?? Hes in teh states! THis sucks i cant meet the dude.
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Composing and Euphoniums! Life doesn't get much better. Especially with two fantastic people meeting in INDY. Have an enjoyable time!

Gary

PS: Jim, looking forward to hearing all that great music you've beenworking on.

Talking Re: BIG MEETING TOMORROW!! SNORLAX & JOAZ!!

JOAZ, whatever you do don't let Jim walk in front of you you'll never keep up with his pace!

Whoa, Snorlax meeting the man who put the boss in bossa nova?

Looking forward to the pix of this international summit!

I can feel the excitement building.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I can feel the excitement building.
    I'll post some pix tomorrow. Joe and Azhaar (hence JO-AZ) are like so many people here--talent up one end and down the other, but very personable and most interesting to talk to. When they sing together, it's smooooooth!

I called Orcas looking for Gary, who (unbeknownst to me) was in Texas. Marianne must have given Gary the message, because we got a call from Gary in the middle of the Texas Bandmasters' Convention, an event roughly the size of Maine.

As soon as I get the pix into Photoshop and remove myself from all of them, I will post some. All in all, a delightful way to spend an overcast afternoon!

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Yes indeed, I finally got the chance to meet Professor Jim, up close and personal.Those of you who have met Snorlax in the past may already be aware of this, but I was surprised at how amazingly enthusiastic about the euphonium he is. (Cries of....No...Really??...You are Kidding me, right???....I am truly astonished. )

We had a nice lunch, and Snorlax filled me in on the important differences between,British and American Euphoniums. I am not saying the guy is persuasive....but... it looks like I will have to abandon all future plans, and get down to writing,that Euphonium Quartet, Euphonium Concerto, Symphony for Euphonium Choir, Euphonium Ballet (All the Dancers must play euphonium as well) etc,etc,

Seriously though,it was great to meet Jim ( who is actually Welsh/American)and he gave me some insights into how his group works, which should help me write a brass quintet tweaked towards the first performance.
    It was great to chat with Gary on the phone, I am quite determined to lure him to the UK and show him the glories of Wessex.(South-West England).

Too bad I couldn't meet NMB, etLux and all my other forum buddies on this trip, but inshallah there will be other trips, so maybe in the future.

I feel a bit nervous about the Photo's Jim took.I normally never release any photos to the general public,till they have spent 2 hours in Photoshop,going thru the Humanise filter, the lose-the-beer-gut filter,and the automatic "My-you-are-a-handsome-devil" plug-in.

I am now coming to the end of my stateside trip, and my preliminary findings are....er.....er....The US is really..really..big. Amazing how travel broadens the mind isn't it??????
    regards Joe

Nevermind all that, Joe.

What did you eat?

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nevermind all that, Joe.

What did you eat?
    Lasagne,salad, with multi-grain bread.And for desert coffee and 2 cigarettes,(Smoked outside in the cold, A ubiquitous state of affairs in Bloomington.What gives, did all the Plymouth Pilgrims settle here.??)
    regards Joe

Go Back to forum