• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Topic: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Mozart's dark side is alluring. It's a shame he didn't go there more often. Here is the first movement of his Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor, K.466. I have included the Beethoven cadenza. Its nice to get Mozart and Beethoven in a single sitting. I hope you enjoy.

    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  2. #2

    Thumbs up Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Valhalx!!

    Wonderful wonderful, WOLDERFUL!!!!!
    I enjoyed it very much...

    Some passages are really indistinguishable from one version I have with
    ABBADO-GULDA!!!!

    Congratulations you a very master in using GPO for rendering classic pieces of music!!

    Wonderful again,
    Roberto

  3. #3

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Bravissimo!

    Maestro DeWitt, you have once again outdone yourself with this clear-headed, unsentimental performance of Mozart's revered piano concerto.

    The interpretation on this is superb, bringing forth the majesty of Mozart's musical intellect with a clarity and purpose that rivals -- and often surpasses -- some of the finest interpretations I have ever heard.

    The rendering of this is likewise a testament to true mastery; far beyond mere excellence.

    With greatest admiration for oustanding work, Bill, I stand and applaud you!

    With respect,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  4. #4

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Excellent work, Mr. Bill! You are a master of realism and I really admire your talent.

    Thanks for posting this.

    My best,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Valhalx!!

    Wonderful wonderful, WOLDERFUL!!!!!
    I enjoyed it very much...

    Some passages are really indistinguishable from one version I have with
    ABBADO-GULDA!!!!

    Congratulations you a very master in using GPO for rendering classic pieces of music!!

    Wonderful again,
    Roberto
    Thank you very much Roberto. I am not familiar with the Abbado Gulda performance but to say some parts are indistinguishable means I must be getting it right.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  6. #6
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Bravissimo!

    Maestro DeWitt, you have once again outdone yourself with this clear-headed, unsentimental performance of Mozart's revered piano concerto.

    The interpretation on this is superb, bringing forth the majesty of Mozart's musical intellect with a clarity and purpose that rivals -- and often surpasses -- some of the finest interpretations I have ever heard.

    The rendering of this is likewise a testament to true mastery; far beyond mere excellence.

    With greatest admiration for oustanding work, Bill, I stand and applaud you!

    With respect,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thank you so much David. Your compliments are always encouraging and very much appreciated. I fear, though, if you keep addressing me as Maestro I'll to have to go out and buy a tux, lol.

    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  7. #7
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Excellent work, Mr. Bill! You are a master of realism and I really admire your talent.

    Thanks for posting this.

    My best,

    Larry A.
    Thanks Mr Larry. I just finished listening to your Miniature #21 and got up to pour a cup of coffee and had the melody running through my head. Catchy tune.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    464

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    wow - very nice...this is one of my favorites...excellent job on this - will we be hearing the other 2 movements?

    josh

  9. #9
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    wow - very nice...this is one of my favorites...excellent job on this - will we be hearing the other 2 movements?

    josh
    Thanks, Josh. Actually I've already moved on to another project. Its a bad habit of mine to do only one movement.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  10. #10
    Senior Member jonray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    405

    Re: Mozart - Piano Concerto No 20 in d minor

    Valhalx,

    Brill, Bill!!!

    Fantastic work. Bravo.
    Jon

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •