• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Anyone tried Yellow Tools' Independence?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone tried Yellow Tools' Independence?

This seemed like a major release, but I've seen no reviews of it yet. (I think William Coakley was contributing the pianos, and the specs looked good--lots of control and a clean interface. No scripts, though, in the first release.)

Re: Anyone tried Yellow Tools' Independence?

Jake,

How do you feel about the dongle?

I love it. I mostly use it as my GM type collection along with Colossus and primarily I use it with Culture.

I have not delved much into its legato tools yet.

I own Yellow Tools' Independence (I also own GS3 & K2) and worked out some scores with it.
    It has a clean, new & fresh concept.
    The dongle is a good thing, so I can use Independence on my 2 PC's and the Laptop whothout any problems.

It came with KHSO Orchestra, which sounds quite good.
    But there is still a problem, the chickensys Translator for Indepence is still not ready.
    So I stopped working with Independence, because I cannot use it with all my libraries (VSL, Advanced Orchestra, serveral pianos & other instruments).

I'm waiting for the Translator since more than one month now.

:-) jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

I'd be interested to know if others are OK with the dongle. I know in the past it was like a dirty word around here. We are in talks with YT about their player. Great group of people over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    I'd be interested to know if others are OK with the dongle. I know in the past it was like a dirty word around here. We are in talks with YT about their player. Great group of people over there.
    I am dongle free and will try my hardest to remain so.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    The dongle of YT works great. They have a Key Manager which handles all rights and it is great for me. I work on 3 computers (one in my studio in Vienna, one in my studio at home & a laptop, which I'm using when I'm out of business), but never on 3 computers at the same time.
    I allways have problems with K2, because they only allow 2 installations. I would like if K2 has a dongle.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

I'd forgotten it had one, and by accident have never used a program that required one.

I was mainly curious about the sound quality of the libraries--any user demos out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    So I stopped working with Independence, because I cannot use it with all my libraries (VSL, Advanced Orchestra, serveral pianos & other instruments).

I'm waiting for the Translator since more than one month now.

:-) jovan
    How can that be? YT was boasting about how well it translated VSL libraries only the other month. Don't tell me that they were telling porkies?

D

Thumbs up Re: Anyone tried Yellow Tools' Independence?

So far it seems that the dongle is not an issue. That's cool then.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast