• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT - Printers? Hey! Yeah youts!

Share/Bookmark

Question OT - Printers? Hey! Yeah youts!

How many of you print your own CD labels and jewel case artwork? I'm looking for an inexpensive printer that will fill my need to print on CD and DVD as well as my own artwork. I do not need to make several hundred copies at one time one or two is fine.

Any insight? Comments, questions, or concerns? Popcorn, peanuts, or chips?
    Tanks, I appreciate you taking the time to answer this all too important question of mine.

So, you want to know why I want such a printer? Easy, I'm pirating all I can and sending it out as my very own creations. First, I am starting with the Betty Crocker Complete Cookbook, "To Serve Man."
    Shish, really ... I'm freaking bored for da cripes sake!
    Anyway, did you hear about the guy who ... no wait, that's not right ... it was a woman ... this woman walks into a fraternity house and says, she says she goes she says she went she goes she says she asks she went she says like she says like like like she went she goes like she says like ...........

Printer, I need printer to print printed prints with the printer.

Re: OT - Printers? Hey! Yeah youts!

I have an epson RX 300 which prints good photos, CD labels and Cases. I have had no difficulty using it and the results have been very good. I think it sells for in the $200 range.

David M

Thanks, I've been looking at the Epson R200 and R220. There seems to be several hundred on ebay at various prices but I am not sure about purchasing on ebay for a product I know little about. If I may ask, where did you get yours?
    Thanks

I use a cheap-o lexmark Z515... it's good for college papers... haven't used it for much else... it was only around $70... but it's the ink that's the true money maker for these printer companies.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I also use the Epson RX 300 and have had great results!

Peace

rik

I've used a variety of color printers for this, Mike. Most any half-decent one will do a fairly good job.

As said previously, look out for the ink cartridge costs, though... lol. If you do heavily inked (say, a lot of black background) -- fool things can eat your wallet before you turn around twice.

One trick I use for good-looking results is glossy, photo-quality paper.

Also, this doesn't seem to be getting around like it should. For those unfamiliar with it, have a look at:

LIGHTSCRIBE

With these new drives, you can directly burn the CD (or DVD) surface [instead of making one of those awkward self-stick labels] with your labeling information.

Special CD's and DVD's are needed for the laser etching, of course... but it does a quite serviceable, high-resolution job. (LightScribe-compatible media is available from a number of sources.)

I bought an external USB/Firewire LightScribe DVD/CD Drive from LaCie recently, and am quite pleased with it.

I might note also, though, that this technique is only monochrome at present; and the process is not quick - a highly detailed "burn" can take twenty minutes or more.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    I also use the Epson RX 300 and have had great results!

Peace

rik
    I've seen the R300 on line as a package with your choice of 100 CD or DVD's, 100 white pockets and extra 6 inks. All for 149.00. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Are we talking about the same printer? I have the Epson Photostylus R300 and I really like it. I love the fact that you can print directly on a CD and find that the CDs I do that way look a little bit better than printing a label and putting that on a CD.

Tom
    LIGHTSCRIBE is a different technique, I think.

I'm not familiar with the RX300 directly, but doesn't that "print" (with ink) the label on the CD?

The LIGHTSCRIBE drives actually laser-etch the surface of the CD.

D.

Lightscribe looks enticing! But, I just installed a DVD RW combo drive. This I would need another? Also, does this work using colors or just a black and white scheme?

I have a LightScribe. Bought an external DVD player since my laptop sucks. I dont use it to burn stuff, but its supposed to work aok Cheap external DVD player/CD
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Go Back to forum