• Register
  • Help

Topic: Personal Orchestral Vs Solo Stradivari

Share/Bookmark

Personal Orchestral Vs Solo Stradivari

Hi. my name is Kit, this is my first post here.
    i've just bought the Kontakt 2.0 last week. And now i am looking for some good sounding Orchestral sample library. Finally, i think garritan is worth for this quality. But then I got some question about the libraries.

i am interested in the Personal Orchestral and Solo Stradivari.
    I guess i am sure that i will buy the personal Orchestral. however, i am not quite sure if i should buy the solo stradivari as well.

On the personal orchestra...can it do solo violin as well as the solo stradivari do? what is the main difference? compare the string sounding with both, what is the different?

should i get the solo stradivari ?????

Your comments are highly appreciated.
    thanks in advance. ///Kit

Best.

Re: Personal Orchestral Vs Solo Stradivari

You should head over to the Garritan section of this forum. That's where you need to be.

BTW_Kontakt comes with a fantastic orchestral library developed by VSL> It's a great collection and might be what you need. That and GPO should cover your bases. Also, the Strad is great! Get 'em all but go check out the Garritan section of this forum.

Smile Re: Personal Orchestral Vs Solo Stradivari

Quote Originally Posted by saikittang
    Hi. my name is Kit, this is my first post here.
    i've just bought the Kontakt 2.0 last week. And now i am looking for some good sounding Orchestral sample library. Finally, i think garritan is worth for this quality. But then I got some question about the libraries.

i am interested in the Personal Orchestral and Solo Stradivari.
    I guess i am sure that i will buy the personal Orchestral. however, i am not quite sure if i should buy the solo stradivari as well.

On the personal orchestra...can it do solo violin as well as the solo stradivari do? what is the main difference? compare the string sounding with both, what is the different?

should i get the solo stradivari ?????

Your comments are highly appreciated.
    thanks in advance. ///Kit

Best.
    The 3 solo violins of GPO (the orchestral package) are fine, but you can't expect nothing, I SAY NOTHING, similar to the Stradivari if you want to write realistic parts for solo violin. BTW GPO solos are a wonderful tool for creating ensambles, and they mix perfectly with the stradivari in chamber, baroque or even symphonic music set up.

IMHO if solo violin has an important part in your scores, you definitely should get the Stradivari.

Yes, read the Garritan forum and Site notes about features, listen my tutorials and all the other demos, and you will take the right decision.

Go Back to forum