• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newby ? about GPO

Share/Bookmark

Newby ? about GPO

I've been using outboard sound modules for years & decided its time to get with the rest of the music world.
    I just bought Gigastudio Ensemble & Cakewalk Home Studio4 to get started. I listened to the demo of GPO & it sounded pretty strong but I diddn't see any reference to GS compatibility. My question is will it need to be converted to use or can it be used with the Rewire in CW? Also did I make a mistake getting GS? Is it too proprietary?

Gary

Re: Newby ? about GPO

You can load GPO as a plugin in HomeStudio. It's ready to go, no extra player required.

GS has many, many quality libraries available for it. Whether it's a mistake depends on what you want to buy as your needs expand! Some GS and Kontakt users fight about which is better, but it really is just a personal choice.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Weeeelllllllcome aboard!

I have GS as well as GPO and use Sonar. For GS, I use Rewire, and I use GPO as a VST instrument. Both work just dandy, and they also play nice together.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks for the replies.
    Its just amazing how good the quality of sounds are now.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by garyed
    Thanks for the replies.
    Its just amazing how good the quality of sounds are now.

Gary
    Man, ain't it the truth. I'm currently working on some acoustic & rock band stuff, using GPO for orchestrations (real French horns, finally!), my Roland JV 2080 for electric bass and Larry Seyer Drums in GS. Add some guitar & vocals and it sounds like the real thing.

Well, almost the real thing. Larry Seyer Drums are phenomenal, but to get that dose of reality that I remember from my bar gigs, I need to play with the tempo so that it speeds up the first 8 bars, slows down the next 8 bars, and occasionally drops a stick.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Well, almost the real thing. Larry Seyer Drums are phenomenal, but to get that dose of reality that I remember from my bar gigs, I need to play with the tempo so that it speeds up the first 8 bars, slows down the next 8 bars, and occasionally drops a stick.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Talk about high school band... MAN! This sounds familiar!!
    I've been keeping a talley chart of how many times various occurances happen in band (director's voice squeaks, director yells at back row, director whoopsie, director tells non-existant bass clarinet to play...etc.) one of them is percussion drops sticks. I think there's somewhere around 250 times that's happened just this year!!

Oh, BTW: GPO is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Just for clarification, GPO cannot be used inside GS, but I can be used in Home Studio as a VSTi or DXi alongside GS.

-Chris

Go Back to forum