• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GPO advanced When?

Share/Bookmark

GPO advanced When?

Hi all, when does gpo advacned come out, i did a search and looked on the net and the only thign i found was harmony central and they said jan of 05 well obvilsy that was wrong, so is it still comming out this year if so when, and has the new steinway project taken priority over gpoa as far as work and release date?

Re: GPO advanced When?

i think this is a question we secretly ask ourselves everyday...but we've learned it'll happen when it happens and it'll be well worth the wait

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    i think this is a question we secretly ask ourselves everyday...but we've learned it'll happen when it happens and it'll be well worth the wait
    Lol... I'm very much looking forward to GPOA, myself. From all I've heard about it, it's got me drooling. (Well, not that I don't drool a lot, to begin with.)

But Gary's take on this is, When it's right, it's done, and not before -- something I agree with him on, 1000%.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by wlahc1
    Hi all, when does gpo advacned come out, i did a search and looked on the net and the only thign i found was harmony central and they said jan of 05 well obvilsy that was wrong, so is it still comming out this year if so when, and has the new steinway project taken priority over gpoa as far as work and release date?
    It's a good question though. Gary has removed mention of GPOA from the home page.

I believe Gary and his incredible team are reworking some things in the library, which will make it released later... but be much better.

Also as Gary would say... "Patience, grasshopper"
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by wlahc1
    Hi wlahc1 (how do you pronounce that name ?)
    GPO Advanced is one of those labor of love projects. We first announced it a while ago, but it has turned into something beyond what we had originally envisioned. We have discovered new technology that I believe will change the course of software instrumentation. I am in no rush to come out with just another orchestral sample library. It believe it will leap-frog what exists now.

GOS came out and there was nothing like it and it changed the course of sampling history. GPO also was groundbreaking in a different way. Our Stradavari was in development for years and the work Giorgio and Stefano did represents a new pardigm. The GPO Advanced will also be another leap forward. I realize it is difficult to wait but I would rather take the time to do it right and to produce a product that will inspire.

Gary Garritan

Amen, amen.

Gives me goosebumps....

Just try to have the optimism of a little yellow guy : http://wizardwalk.com/oneyear.wav

It will certainly be worth the wait.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Talking Re: GPO advanced When?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    GPO Advanced is one of those labor of love projects. We first announced it a while ago, but it has turned into something beyond what we had originally envisioned. We have discovered new technology that I believe will change the course of software instrumentation. I am in no rush to come out with just another orchestral sample library. It believe it will leap-frog what exists now.

GOS came out and there was nothing like it and it changed the course of sampling history. GPO also was groundbreaking in a different way. Our Stradavari was in development for years and the work Giorgio and Stefano did represents a new pardigm. The GPO Advanced will also be another leap forward. I realize it is difficult to wait but I would rather take the time to do it right and to produce a product that will inspire.

Gary Garritan
    Another two whole weeks????!!!! Damn!!!!

21of12phishius
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Another two whole weeks????!!!! Damn!!!!

21of12phishius

Go Back to forum