• Register
  • Help

Topic: Powerbook G4 and JABB!

Share/Bookmark

Powerbook G4 and JABB!

Anyone running Finale and JABB on a Powerbook G4 1.33MHz or higher?

Re: Powerbook G4 and JABB!

I've got a 17" PBook 1.67, 1.5 gigs Ram, Finale 2006, OSX 10.4.2
    This is still under the minimum specs

I just loaded up 5 saxes, 4 trumpets, 4 bones, bass, drums & Piano. Whenever the full ensemble played together, I was getting mild stuttering. This was using all "lite" instruments. I could have done a little more tweaking to reduce the cpu load, but I just wanted to give to an "out of the box" example of what to expect.

To use JABB & Finale you'll need a faster computer, or compose in Finale , then import a midi file into a sequencer. By freezing tracks and converting midi tracks to audio in a sequencer, you'll be able to get by on a slower computer.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, do you think your setup with a full 2 gigs of ram will improve your playback? I'd like to get a new Intel Mac but i'm not sure of all the compatibility issues, and when updates will be out.

Quote Originally Posted by crewman76
    Hi Jeff, do you think your setup with a full 2 gigs of ram will improve your playback? I'd like to get a new Intel Mac but i'm not sure of all the compatibility issues, and when updates will be out.
    I'm sure maxing out the ram will improve my performance, but since the specs clearly state that a G5 1.8 is the minimum recommended processor, I'm sure things will still not be perfect.

Jeff

Go Back to forum