• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Virtual Guitarist 2

Share/Bookmark

Virtual Guitarist 2

Anyone know if this has been released yet?

giga...

Re: Virtual Guitarist 2

It may depend on where you live...the German online store lists it (you can only order from within Germany there...), audiomidi lists it as well, and I know that a couple of users on cubase.net have received it.
    If it's not available right now it looks like it should be next week...

matto

Picked up my copy 2 days ago in the UK....

I have the VG and VGEE and I must say since Real Guitar - I never even open these libraries up anymore. I hope they deal with the significant inflexibility of their previous versions.

RG 2.0 is similar in functionality and VALUE to RMX. Real genius if you ask me.

But I'll bet the first in line to upgrade if it is good

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I'll probably go ahead and do the upgrade since it's in the offing - even if it was Wizoo that did the work (as opposed to the original producer - Bornemark). The additional styles alone will make it worthwhile. I also have Real Guitar's demo and use Slayer on a regular basis - lots of options and all of them getting close. I'll probably go to RG2 as my next purchase.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    I have the VG and VGEE and I must say since Real Guitar - I never even open these libraries up anymore. I hope they deal with the significant inflexibility of their previous versions.

RG 2.0 is similar in functionality and VALUE to RMX. Real genius if you ask me.

But I'll bet the first in line to upgrade if it is good

Rob
    Hey Rob, can I ask you, do you find Real Guitar to be 100% believable, sound wise? I had the RG guys demo V2 for me at Namm, and I was really impressed by it's flexibility (couldn't really tell about the sound at Namm)...but somehow all the demos on their website, including the video demos, seem to have a slightly "synthetic" sound to me.
    VG is very limited but when used in a track it really adds that "organic" sound a real guitar (no pun intended ) would add...to my ears anyway.

Anybody else's observations on this topic are welcome as well, of course.

Thanks,

matto

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    Hey Rob, can I ask you, do you find Real Guitar to be 100% believable, sound wise?

Thanks,

matto
    100% is kind of an unachievable holy grail, as one thing can never be another thing. But RG is as close to having an acoustic guitar on a hard drive and midi keyboard as I could imagine. The steel strings especially are incredible.

When I downloaded the 1.5 demo last year, it was just to check it out. I'd had no particular intention of purchasing is it, but within 5 minutes I knew I absolutely had to. It totally blew me away.

RG absolutely can be 100% realistic- at times, in context just like most things. But IMO it has that capability.

Thanks guys...somehow I didn't see that it has a downloadable demo ...thanks for mentioning that, I will try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    Hey Rob, can I ask you, do you find Real Guitar to be 100% believable, sound wise? I had the RG guys demo V2 for me at Namm, and I was really impressed by it's flexibility (couldn't really tell about the sound at Namm)...but somehow all the demos on their website, including the video demos, seem to have a slightly "synthetic" sound to me.
    VG is very limited but when used in a track it really adds that "organic" sound a real guitar (no pun intended ) would add...to my ears anyway.

Thanks,

matto

Once you demo it - I am confident you will be impressed. Will pull acoustic solo duty 100% - no, but in context, I have had many ask who the guitar player was. The fact that is can be played - full with rubatos, etc. - makes it so worth it. It can become synthetic when only using patterns with no tempo variations. I don't know of a guitar player that can keep perfect time

Just kidding.

Any thing that is 'perfect' will scream sequencer - so avoid as much as possible and you will have convincing guitar tracks.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum