• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Intel®/Fender® Telecaster® Concept Guitar

Share/Bookmark

The Intel®/Fender® Telecaster® Concept Guitar

I haven't seen any other posts on this - apologies if you all already know about it!

Introducing The Intel®/Fender® Telecaster® Concept Guitar:

http://www.fender.co.uk/news/Introdu...ceptGuitar.asp

The Intel® Concept Telecaster® guitar incorporates the latest Intel® Centrino® mobile technology and was developed to provide the ultimate in technology for music on the move. The guitar can be played when you want, wherever you want, allowing you to:

• Plug in headphones and listen to your tunes through the built in amp
    • Record demo songs and email them to friends
    • Go online to find the chords to that song someone just requested
    • Stay in touch through email or Instant Messenger – on stage or on the tour bus
    • Conduct webcam interviews with friends or fans
    • Download your favourite tunes and just listen - or play along
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: The Intel®/Fender® Telecaster® Concept Guitar

Oh Brother! I can see it now ... the ramifications. Weeeeeeeee!

Talk about a "wired" guitar that's wireless. This is very cool

Could be a last minute addition to your new midi harp Gary?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Talking Re: The Intel®/Fender® Telecaster® Concept Guitar

What a great idea!

I have never seen the backside of a guitar get messed up from a belt buckle or jacket zipper, so I agree that it would be a really good Idea to put a touch screen the size of a piece of notebook paper there.

Also when I play, the guitar never even touches my body... it jut hangs in free space so having the controlls for a digital recording "studio" in between me and the instrument is perfect.

Couple that with guitar pickups riding directly above this swell electrical display unit, and I'm sure you will never have any interferance with EM bleed. Not to mention I bet the tone of the guitar is greatly improved by repalcing wood with a big hollow space filled with electronics.

All in all... I'd say this is about as handy as skiing and doing your taxes at the same time.
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Could be a last minute addition to your new midi harp Gary?

Speaking of midi harp

http://www.starrlabs.com/

About halfway down the page. I wonder if Gary commissioned this instrument?
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Interesting, I was just thinking about guitars but in a totally different concept.
    Robert Davis

A Fender Telecaster with internet access should provide a method to find a list of local pawn shops. That's where most Fender Telecasters belonging to working musicians spend the weeknights.

Using your guitar for looking up tabs or lyrics online, or sending email, is a cute idea, but unless it's been in a pawn shop, it can't play the blues.

Go Back to forum