• Register
  • Help

Topic: Keyswitches

Share/Bookmark

Keyswitches

How do you change a KEYSWITCH for an instrument?

I'm using GPO Studio from FINALE2005

Thanks

Paul O.

Re: Keyswitches

Paul,

Just enter the correct keyswitch note in the staff for that instrument. You can hide it from the print out of the part or score by putting it in a different layer to the rest of the notes and using a staff style to hide that layer.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Much of that has been programmed into the Staff Expressions themselves. Instead of having to trigger (keyswitch) strings to go from Arco to Pizz. Simply add the appropriate Staff Expression in the score by attaching it to a note. That line will playback pizzicato until otherwise specified.

Be sure your HP settings are correct. Most of the KS stuff doesn't like HP to be on from what it seems.

You can read more about that here!

Good Luck!
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

In Finale, you can also make an expression and enter the MIDI note value of the keyswitch.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

......you make the text expressions as Playback>Dump.

Björn

In Finale, you can also make an expression and enter the MIDI note value of the keyswitch.
    I had not thought of that one David. Thanks for the "GEM"
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    I had not thought of that one David. Thanks for the "GEM"
    Welcome, Rich.

Another technique, simple enough, that I find very useful is using expressions to change the channel.

That way, you can set up, say, for example, three different French horns on three different channels, and then insert the appropriate channel "expression" to switch from one to another.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum