• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem installing GPO Update

Share/Bookmark

Problem installing GPO Update

Hi, guys. I think I need some help installing the GPO 1.1.8.3 Update on my PC. When I run the updater, it tells me it'll install the program in the GPO directory, and the DLL in the Steinberg\VSTPlugins directory, and then runs away. But once it finishes, the DLL version for the Garritan GPO DLL is still 1.0.2.8 rather than 1.1.8.3!! The Dxi DLL is updated correctly. It is the VST dll that doesn't update.

The only "unusual" thing I have in my installation is that I did not install GPO in its default path (C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra) but rather in D:\Garritan Personal Orchestra, because my C: drive had very little space left. Could this be causing the problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated, since I've already run the updater 3 times with the same results. My next step would be to uninstall and reinstall everything (still to D:, of course... my C: drive is still a small one).

Thanks for the help!

Luis

Re: Problem installing GPO Update

Quote Originally Posted by luisto
    Hi, guys. I think I need some help installing the GPO 1.1.8.3 Update on my PC. When I run the updater, it tells me it'll install the program in the GPO directory, and the DLL in the Steinberg\VSTPlugins directory, and then runs away. But once it finishes, the DLL version for the Garritan GPO DLL is still 1.0.2.8 rather than 1.1.8.3!! The Dxi DLL is updated correctly. It is the VST dll that doesn't update.
    Which program (sequencer/notation) do you use the plugin with? Did you remember to copy PersonalOrchestraVST.dll from the Steinberg\VSTPlugins folder to your sequencer/notation programs VST folder?

Quote Originally Posted by luisto
    The only "unusual" thing I have in my installation is that I did not install GPO in its default path (C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra) but rather in D:\Garritan Personal Orchestra, because my C: drive had very little space left. Could this be causing the problem?
    No. Mine is on the E partition.

Re: Problem installing GPO Update

I use Tracktion. However, I've done a search throughout the harddrives (all of them) and all instances of the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll in my machine are version 1.0.2.8. For some reason the Update installer is not copying the new DLL anywhere...

If you have your GPO installed on E: without problems, then there's got to be something else I'm doing wrong... I guess I'll have to remove everything and start again, unless someone has an idea of what else I could try first.

Thanks again,

Luis

Go Back to forum