• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan and Sonar 5 the producer edition

Share/Bookmark

Garritan and Sonar 5 the producer edition

I recently tried to integrate GPO with Sonar. I wanted to do this so I could listen to a compostion I made with Finale 2006 in Sonar. First I saved my Finale composition as a midi file. Then I imported it into Sonar and using GPO as a DXi plugin I played it back. Unfortunately there are some tempo glitches which a appear at regular instances - slight slow downs in the play back. How do I clean this up? Secondly if I want to install GPO as a VST plugin how do I do this?

Re: Garritan and Sonar 5 the producer edition

As for the tempo glitches, check SONAR's tempo map to see if there is actual tempo-change data present. Otherwise, I might suspect that the PC is over-taxed for CPU: check your Latency setting in the Audio config menus, and raise it to see if this is an issue.

To install GPO as a plugin, you must find where SONAR 5 places its default VST directory and move the GPO .dll file to that location. Then you must run the Cakewalk VST Adapter wizard manually, or simply restart SONAR if you have it set to scan for plugins automatically.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Re: Garritan and Sonar 5 the producer edition

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljmarier
    I recently tried to integrate GPO with Sonar. I wanted to do this so I could listen to a compostion I made with Finale 2006 in Sonar. First I saved my Finale composition as a midi file. Then I imported it into Sonar and using GPO as a DXi plugin I played it back. ..... Secondly if I want to install GPO as a VST plugin how do I do this?
    Hello Michael,

I use Finale 2006 and have only just bought Sonar. The past few days I have gone through the same experience. Markleford helped me out as well and with this, together with other posts and forums, I'm now well on my way.

This is the process I went through in more detail:

(1) Copy your PersonalOrchestraVST.dll file into your Cakewalk VstPlugins folder.
    (2) Copy the GarritanAmbience.dll file into the same Cakewalk VstPlugins folder (that is if you want to use the Garritan Ambience.
    (3) To ensure that Sonar detects these, open your Sonar and go to: Tools/VST Configuration Wizard then click next.
    (4) In the next popup window check that the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll and the GarritanAmbience.dll (if you added it in (2) above) are listed and have a 'Y' under 'Enabled'. Click 'Next' to close the window.
    (5) With Sonar open, import your MIDI file.
    (6) To set up GPO in Sonar, click on the 'Synth Rack' icon; this is the 9th icon in from the left, middle row and looks like two horizontal bars. (Alternatively click on 'View' and select the 'Synth Rack' icon, the 10th icon down.)
    (7) With the little synth rack open, click on the 'Add' (+) button and go to VST/Personal Orchestra VST. Select 'All synth Audio Outputs' then click 'OK'. Your first instance is added to your 'Synth Rack'.
    (8) To set up your instruments in 'Kontakt Player', make sure your first instance in your 'Synth Rack' is highlighted then click on the properties button (3rd icon across from the left). You are presented with your first instance of 'Kontakt Player'. Just load your instruments in the ususal way.
    (9) To set up your second 'Kontakt Player' just click on the 'Add' button and repeat from (7) above.

Hope this is of some help
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum