• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere workaround possible?

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere workaround possible?

My windows xp os starting to generate weird errors. So I decided to do a clean install of my machine. Ofcourse I made a backup of all my music resources. This included cubase sx3 and of course atmosphere. Unfortuatly I got errors while installing. The problem is obvious, there is a scratch on cd 3

I know now, after some research that the6 cd's contain 1 big dat file, like the one I made a backup of. Is it possible for me to edit this index file so the installer will use the big .dat file instead of asking for 6 cd's? Or do i need to split this file up?

Or isn't this as easy like i see it? i don't know much about these kind a things, I hope i dont say anything stupid

I need really help fast, need to deliver this project tomorrow

Re: Atmosphere workaround possible?

Not sure because i am on a Mac but i think you can use the Spectramove utility for PC that you can download at the Spectrasonics website to create a new index.

best
    Hans

You can do the install and once the split file builder component starts simply end the installers task using task manager. At this point simply copy the dat file from your backup to where you chose the installer to place it. Atmosphere should now work fine although will need to reauthorise the plugin on spectrasonics.net

If you want to install update 1.2 you will need to use Spectramove to "repoint" the dat file back to itself for the 1.2 updater to properly detect you have Atmosphere installed.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalPlug
    You can do the install and once the split file builder component starts simply end the installers task using task manager. At this point simply copy the dat file from your backup to where you chose the installer to place it. Atmosphere should now work fine although will need to reauthorise the plugin on spectrasonics.net

If you want to install update 1.2 you will need to use Spectramove to "repoint" the dat file back to itself for the 1.2 updater to properly detect you have Atmosphere installed.

Hope this helps.
    I just downloaded the spectramove, this is great!

So I guess I can make a back up dvd of my atmosphere and trilogy? As long as i copy the finished dat file?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    Not sure because i am on a Mac but i think you can use the Spectramove utility for PC that you can download at the Spectrasonics website to create a new index.

best
    Hans
    i thought that was only for changing the registry key, wich coiuld be done manually if needed

could be-as i said i am on a mac.
    better contact techsupport.

Hans

Go Back to forum