• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is the Stradivari suited for pop and funky?

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Is the Stradivari suited for pop and funky?

...take a look at the thread, and get your answer.

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42449

Re: Is the Stradivari suited for pop and funky?

Wow. That is absolutely amazing! The violin sounds kind of out of tune in the first "Isn't she lovely" part, but locks in later. So this is like a real violin in that you have to find the pitch as you're playing, eh? But otherwise, wow!!!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    It's funny that you say that cause as I mentioned in the other thread I think it's just that "out of tune" playing that makes this thing sound so darn real there.
    I agree, but there's a point where out of tune is still out of tune, meaning too much so. And it's mostly just that first chorus that dips too much out of tune. The rest of it is very believable but also more in tune.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    I agree, but there's a point where out of tune is still out of tune, meaning too much so. And it's mostly just that first chorus that dips too much out of tune. The rest of it is very believable but also more in tune.
    I agree totally, but I didn't want to say anything because I am always frowning at out of tune stuff. I also didn't want to take away from the joy of this cool demo. That's just me.
    Very cool though Fabio! Honest

Dan

Smile Re: Is the Stradivari suited for pop and funky?

The whole first part of the song (AS YOU SAY AND YOU HAD IMAGINED) was more IN TUNE!

We cut it just to keep it not too long!

This is only the final half, where the solo (a blues harmonica in the original) start playing. Here the blue soul of the solo player outcomes in his more instinctive (and then tonally "free") pure funky-jazz essence! No pure tuning in it...

But yeah, it's a matter of taste, I can agree.

Fabio, please don't misunderstand... I think it sounds really amazing as a whole. Just that one section sounds kind of out of tune, and so I was wondering if that's something you need to keep control of while you're playing.

Best,
    Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thumbs up Re: Is the Stradivari suited for pop and funky?

I agree. The drums were entirely out of tune and the cymbals especially were sharp. The bass guitar sounds a bit twangy. The keyboards use too much modutation and the brass section wouldn't sit down through the whole song. Mind you, I thought the kalimba was too quiet along with the Djembe solo near the end to busy. However, I did like the tuba solo in the second measure.
    As for the violin, well ... renders to the whole illusion.
    What I want to know is when does Stevie start singing and who put the bop in the bopshubopshubpo?

Fabio, Cool man like daddio smoooooth ... yeah, I dig it man.

Talking Re: Is the Stradivari suited for pop and funky?

Fabio, please don't misunderstand... I think it sounds really amazing as a whole. Just that one section sounds kind of out of tune, and so I was wondering if that's something you need to keep control of while you're playing.

Best,
    Shaz
    You need to control! Like maintain daddio or blow this pop stand, dig it?
    Nice family pic!
    Actually, I think you are on to something, Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I agree. The drums were entirely out of tune and the cymbals especially were sharp. The bass guitar sounds a bit twangy. The keyboards use too much modutation and the brass section wouldn't sit down through the whole song. Mind you, I thought the kalimba was too quiet along with the Djembe solo near the end to busy. However, I did like the tuba solo in the second measure.
    As for the violin, well ... renders to the whole illusion.
    What I want to know is when does Stevie start singing and who put the bop in the bopshubopshubpo?

Fabio, Cool man like daddio smoooooth ... yeah, I dig it man.
    It must be the Beefalo water.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    It must be the Beefalo water.
    Oh, thanks for reminding me Karl. The guitar sounded a little like the ones the Girlyman Band uses.

Go Back to forum