• Register
  • Help

Topic: See Ya'll at the Texas Music Educator's Conference

Share/Bookmark

See Ya'll at the Texas Music Educator's Conference

We will be at the Texas Music Educators Conference next week, February 15-18 [edit], at the San Antonio Convention Center. If you happen to be in or near San Antonia (hint Brian2112, Craig Reeves, Larry Alexander and other Texans) please stop by.

TMEA is a music education extravaganza with an attendance of over 22,000 people. There over 200 clinics and workshops on music, pedagogy and rehearsal techniques taught by leading educators . There are also many performances by the bands, orchestras, choirs and jazz ensemble, as well as concerts by outstanding student music groups. For informations see: http://www.tmea.org/

If you need a badge I could get one for you at a cost of $30 for all three days. Email me if you are interested gary@garritan.com

Should be a fun time and looking forward to seeing our Texas friends.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: See us at the Texas Music Educator's Conference

Ah, Texas ... now there's a place I would love to see some day. But since I can't do me a favor ... say hello to all my Ex's they all live in Texas.
    Have a nice time and for god sake don't wear yourself out this trip! Eh, maybe not such a easy thing to do especially if Brian2112, Larry and the rest of those sod busters show up. You realize you'll have to trade your Fedora in for a Ten Gallon hat.

Re: See us at the Texas Music Educator's Conference

I could have sworn the conference is February 15 through 18.

Which week is it?

darn, i was there a year ago with my school's new music group! - i won't be able to attend this weekend well, it'll be a fun time for any who do go...i know you'll be a hit, gary...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Williams

Which week is it?
    the schedule on the website is showing things begin on the 15th...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Williams

Which week is it?
    You're right. The conference is February 15 through 18. I'm getting my conference dates confused (Sounds Expo is March 9-11). Too many conferences too little sleep.

I'm headin' to NY tonight to see my daughter for five days. She has an iBook and cable and i'll have plenty of time on my hands when she's at work to make annoying posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    We will be at the Texas Music Educators Conference next week, February 15-18 [edit], at the San Antonio Convention Center. If you happen to be in or near San Antonia (hint Brian2112, Craig Reeves, Larry Alexander and other Texans) please stop by.

TMEA is a music education extravaganza with an attendance of over 22,000 people. There over 200 clinics and workshops on music, pedagogy and rehearsal techniques taught by leading educators . There are also many performances by the bands, orchestras, choirs and jazz ensemble, as well as concerts by outstanding student music groups. For informations see: http://www.tmea.org/

If you need a badge I could get one for you at a cost of $30 for all three days. Email me if you are interested gary@garritan.com

Should be a fun time and looking forward to seeing our Texas friends.

Gary Garritan
    Any chance you'll be at the California CMEA in March?

See you there!

And if you're not busy on Thursday evening, come see "America's Premier Windband", the Dallas Wind Symphony at Lila Cockrell Hall...

Thumbs up Re: See us at the Texas Music Educator's Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Dargason
    See you there!

And if you're not busy on Thursday evening, come see "America's Premier Windband", the Dallas Wind Symphony at Lila Cockrell Hall...
    Ooo, that would be neat to experience! What's on the schedule?

Go Back to forum