• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Waiter, There's A Flye In My Souppe"

Share/Bookmark

"Waiter, There's A Flye In My Souppe"

Y'all,

Here is another incredibly loud, fun thing that I wrote years ago. This is my "Waiter, There's A Flye In My Souppe" (misspellings are intentional).

It is partial GPO but it is of overall dubious worth.

I double-dog dare you to listen to the final measure without smiling.

LGA

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/FlyeSoup.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Waiter, There's A Flye In My Souppe"

My gosh, you are prolific!!!

This sounds like a soundtrack that would accompany the 3 Stooges or A Benny Hill Skit, or even a Charlie Chaplin silent flick. Neat piece
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    My gosh, you are prolific!!!

This sounds like a soundtrack that would accompany the 3 Stooges or A Benny Hill Skit, or even a Charlie Chaplin silent flick. Neat piece
    I wrote this years ago and I'm not sure that I was in my right mind when I did it. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. Why you...I oughta...

Thanks for listening.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I wrote this years ago and I'm not sure that I was in my right mind when I did it. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. Why you...I oughta...

Thanks for listening.

LGA
    You know, The Three Stooges were amongst the greatest artists of all time. I have modeled my entire life after them (and most of our government officials have, as well)... so please, treat them with appropriate reverence.

Wow! A whippingly energetic, piece, Larry. I am, once again, breathless... lol.

Excuse me while I go slug down a Prozac or three...

My best,

David.

And to think that I have never written a "whippingly energetic" piece of music before.

Thanks, I guess.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

And to think that I have never written a "whippingly energetic" piece of music before.

Thanks, I guess.

LGA
    I seem to remember recently an episode involving doing the polka at a German beerfest whilst wearing a sombrero. That one was whippingly energetic, too.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I seem to remember recently an episode involving doing the polka at a German beerfest whilst wearing a sombrero. That one was whippingly energetic, too.

D.
    That's good to know, D. Now, take your medication as the shrinkdoctor has ordered.

L.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

That's good to know, D. Now, take your medication as the shrinkdoctor has ordered.

L.
    LOL!... I will, Larry, I will -- and I'll even take some for you, too, my friend.

D.

Larry,

Loved the Neopolitan chord just before the end - really classed the joint up!
    Now, was I supposed to be smiling while I listened? I was too busy looking for parallel fifths and octaves ( I'll find 'em yet...)
    Really, you ought to think about lightening up a bit - everything you post is SO serious.

Nice to have an occasion to smile, Larry - sounds like you have a lot of them!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Larry,

Loved the Neopolitan chord just before the end - really classed the joint up!
    Now, was I supposed to be smiling while I listened? I was too busy looking for parallel fifths and octaves ( I'll find 'em yet...)
    Really, you ought to think about lightening up a bit - everything you post is SO serious.

Nice to have an occasion to smile, Larry - sounds like you have a lot of them!

Ron
    Man, can I write classy Neopolitans or what? It's sometimes called the Phrygian II.

Thanks muchly, Ronald, for your comments.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast