• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Trio Moderne" - a work in progress

Share/Bookmark

"Trio Moderne" - a work in progress

Edit: This is just awful. I have removed it from my website and I apologize for posting it in the first place. LGA

Music Lovers,

Here is my "Trio Moderne", a work in progress. It features GPO flute, Bb clarinet and bassoon.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Trio Moderne" - a work in progress

Certainly a departure for you in some ways, Larry, but a piece with much promise in it. I can clearly hear the Alexander craftsmanship at work in the building of it.

This is definitely worth pursuing, my friend.

(Larry, can I suggest a little more fiddling on the sound treatment/mix?)

I've listened through this several times -- and I must say I rather like this piece, thus far; and I look forward to hearing it completed!

My best,

David

Definitely modern or moderne

I am working a piece in this direction myself and can really appreciate how you managed to use the style and still keep it "Larryesque". Thanks, now I'm going back and listen to it for a third time.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Dave, could you explain the "fiddling"?

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    "Could you explain the "fiddling"?

LGA
    Clasically speaking (ahem, clears throat, adopts lectorial tone), "fiddling" is when a guy in overalls plays Hill-Billy tunes on a cheap violin.

Seriously? You're asking the Village Technical Idiot? Well... I'll give it a shot, but no guarantee I am anywhere in the ballpark on it.

I think I'd probably stick the bassoon in the middle, with the flute just slightly to left, and clarinet slighty to right. That is, don't confuse reality with the facts by trying to duplicate a stage presence with the mixing twiddly things... in a performance environment, the audience would hear the sounds of the trio coming from almost one point on the stage, due to the proximity of the players.

And second, it seemed a bit dry.

But like I said, caution, remember who's talkin'... lol.

Hope that helps a little, or at least doesn't hurt.

Best,

David.

I will give it a try per your suggestions and see what turns up.

Thanks,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Definitely modern or moderne

I am working a piece in this direction myself and can really appreciate how you managed to use the style and still keep it "Larryesque". Thanks, now I'm going back and listen to it for a third time.
    (whisper) Personally, it's not my cup of tea...it's not me. I don't really know WHO it is.

(regular voice) I appreciate your interest and I thank you for listening, Mr. Rich.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum