• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 5 and GS3 in Rewire Mode

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 5 and GS3 in Rewire Mode

Hi everybody,

I just received Sonar 5 Producer Edition and it looks wonderful. I'm having some difficulties to set things up in rewire mode with Gigastudio 3.

I can launch GS3 from within Sonar in rewire mode but GS3 doesn't receive midi data (it's mute). The piano keyboard in GS3 produces nothing.

I'd be grateful if somebody could help me out on this one.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Sonar 5 and GS3 in Rewire Mode

Make sure you successfuly loaded your sample in GS3 and it's not muted (from within GS3).
    In Sonar, the track settings should look somthing like this:
    I: Delta AP192 MIDI Omni (or whatever soundcard you have and midi channel imput you want to use)
    O: 3-Giga3 (!!not GigaOut: Port 1 / Control ; though it should work with this setting too)
    Ch: 1: 1:'InstrumentName'
    Bank: 0-1 'InstrumentName'

This should do it. Btw, have you tested Sonar with another soft synth?
    If you already tryed all this and it still doesen't work, give more details about your setup.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MindToAsk
    Make sure you successfuly loaded your sample in GS3 and it's not muted (from within GS3).
    In Sonar, the track settings should look somthing like this:
    I: Delta AP192 MIDI Omni (or whatever soundcard you have and midi channel imput you want to use)
    O: 3-Giga3 (!!not GigaOut: Port 1 / Control ; though it should work with this setting too)
    Ch: 1: 1:'InstrumentName'
    Bank: 0-1 'InstrumentName'

This should do it. Btw, have you tested Sonar with another soft synth?
    If you already tryed all this and it still doesen't work, give more details about your setup.

Good luck!
    Before I follow your settings... one thing, when going to "insert-rewire devices-giga3" I get "Insert Soft Synth Options". Which options should I check?

Thanks for your help,

Mark

I don't get that massage when inserting rewire. Maybe it's a 'first time use' message that I already set up.
    Can you post the options listed?

I don't get that massage when inserting rewire. Maybe it's a 'first time use' message that I already set up.
    Can you post the options listed?

Here it is:

Insert synth in project, and:

Create these tracks:
    - Midi Source
    - First Synt Audio Input
    - All Synth Audio Input

Open these windows:
    - Synth Property Page
    - Synth Rack View

---

Oh... that option... you can find it next to Properties in Synth Rack and edit it anytime you want. Check Midi Source and All Synth Audio Output - this will automaticaly create the tracks you need.
    Check Synth Property Page and Synth Rack View if you want to automaticaly open the property page every time you insert a soft synth.

Cheers.

Oh... that option... you can find it next to Properties in Synth Rack and edit it anytime you want. Check Midi Source and All Synth Audio Output - this will automaticaly create the tracks you need.
    Check Synth Property Page and Synth Rack View if you want to automaticaly open the property page every time you insert a soft synth.

Cheers.
    Thank you, thank you and thank you. That did it! I have obviously a big learning curve ahead.

Thanks for helping me out,

Mark

Anytime!
    Have fun

Go Back to forum