• Register
  • Help

Topic: DFD issues: noises, blasting clicks and pops

Share/Bookmark

DFD issues: noises, blasting clicks and pops

Hi, i'm looking for an answer in various sources and i found a reference to this forum, so this is my first post ))) it's not so shiny, but anyway.
    i tried everything to make DFD work. after installing the extention it finally works in QLSO and other instruments, but now that it works it produces huge noises. i haven't experienced such problems when it loaded everything into ram.
    tried all dfd settings and, as someone suggested, raising "reserved voices", but the problem is still there.

Could you please suggest any solution?
    Thanks,
    George

Re: DFD issues: noises, blasting clicks and pops

Please provide your specs: processor, HD, RAM, etc.

> Please provide your specs: processor, HD, RAM, etc.

Yes, please: pendium d, 1gb, ide seagate 250 gb, or firewire (same drive) or u160 scsi. same problems. it started after installing dfd extension... when i loaded stuff into ram i didn't get in any trouble.

i believe i'm stupid enought to solve it, so any guesses are appreciated.

George

Oh, I forgot: there are no sytem conflicts in this machine. all drivers are latest. The audio interface is Motu 1296. Issues happen when running ewqlso or any other Kompakt based players.
    Tried all dfd updates, tried isolating some dfd.dlls etc.

Can you get one instument to sound OK in DFD? If so it is possibly your latency setting or HD speed/setup that is not able to keep up.

You might try increasing your latency. Mine is set at 21ms. If you need to, maybe start on the high side, towards unplayable, and work your way down to the best compromise.

I couldn't tell by your specs, but putting your samples on a different drive than your OS and apps can ease the load. Make sure your drive spins at least 7200 rpm if not faster.

EASTWEST recommends using a fast processor and at least 1 GB of free RAM to optimize the performance of this sound module. You are a little shy in this area. It shouldn't really matter for DFD, especially if the sound is OK running from RAM. Just keep in mind as you add instruments...

Are you running these Kompakts as plug-ins? If so try just using Kompakt in standalone with nothing else running. Maybe the problem includes your sequencer as well.

I don't use the Kompakt player. Maybe try Kontakt if you have it. I think there has been some people taking issue with the Kompakt player...Try the NI forum also. Maybe they know what the problem is.

I know this happens, so i'm not the only one. Gotta reinstall first. Many thanks for you help and advice!!! If'd tell you if I find out what it is.

All the best,
    George

Go Back to forum