• Register
  • Help

Topic: Freeze Midi Tracks to Audio w/ProTools LE

Share/Bookmark

Freeze Midi Tracks to Audio w/ProTools LE

Can someone explain exactly how to freeze/record a GPO midi track to an audio track within pro tools LE?

Re: Freeze Midi Tracks to Audio w/ProTools LE

Quote Originally Posted by doncleary
    Can someone explain exactly how to freeze/record a GPO midi track to an audio track within pro tools LE?
    In PT you create an Aux track to receive the data from the Midi track. In the Aux track, you assign GPO as a plugin and choose your instrument. By default the Aux track sends its output to the monitors. You need to create an Audio track, and bus the output from the Aux track to this new Audio track. (and not to the monitors)

After this is done, choose "Make track Inactive" for your midi and aux tracks. They won't be using up cpu power then, and you can always reactive them to do further editing. (If you do further edits, you'll need to delete the audio track you previously recorded and record a new one.

Jeff

Re: Freeze Midi Tracks to Audio w/ProTools LE

Thanks, Jeff.

I am still a little bit confused on this. Does this mean you will have a midi, an aux, and and audio track for each midi track?

BUT I figured out I can accomplish the same end by bouncing selected tracks to disk to create a wav file, then import it as an audio track. Then I can just mute the original midi tracks, thereby keeping them for possible future editing.

Thanks,
    Don

Go Back to forum