• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Organ Concerto mvt 1

Share/Bookmark

Organ Concerto mvt 1

You creative people on this forum really inspire me to write....

I've had some ideas running around in my head, and tried to get them down last night and today... I'm not sure where this is going to go, but so far it sounds like a concerto might come of it. There are some balances that need tweaking, and I need to work on some of the transitions before I can call this satisfactory, but do have a listen and give me some feedback:
    http://evensongmusic.net/audio/ConcertoMvt1.mp3

3 tpts, strings, timp, vibraphone, bass drum, cymbals Organ

Cheerio,

Re: Organ Concerto mvt 1

Wow!

This is gorgeous, Jonathan. Some of the string writing and the thematic work is knock-'em-dead material.

At this point it seems largely expository; and at that scale, you've got a large piece coming along.

My friend, I am most definitely looking forward to this one... go to it, and good speed!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

<blush>

Thanks, David! I always can count on you for some nice words.

So far I am enjoying GPO immensely... all those years that I had stuff running around in my head that was other than organ or piano... now I get to sort of hear it.

I'm torn whether I want this to be a movement that gets developed more (might do that) or whether it will just be the first mvt of a multi-mvt work. I _will_ say it has been VERY helpful listening to the stuff here on the forum - I think my creativity in the last months has been stimulated like never before!

Cheerio,

I promise you I was not just "being nice", Jonathan.

David.

Thumbs up Re: Organ Concerto mvt 1

Jonathan,

I definitely love this music. Counter point might have some room of improvement but the image is very firm and strong. What you want to say is very clear with this 4'31". I would love to hear completed version of it.

Thanks for sharing the music.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Thanks, Jun

Yes, there are some places that need attention...

I find I always have to let a piece sit awhile and then study and listen again for details I have missed and things that need fixing. So far I am satisfied with the start of this, though. I'll post updates as I work on it

But thanks for the nice words!

Thumbs up Re: Organ Concerto mvt 1

The contrpunctal background of organists is always a good starting point for composition IMO.

You give us with it just another evidence.

Live performance in a church should be a nice experience...good luck!

wow, there's only one thing I can say about the beginning, It's absolutely majestic. The contrapuntal work is nicely done, it gives me an omnious feeling.
    Ke Yang (OMG I'm using mah name)
    Insert Useless Advertisement Here

My Work List With GPO

Note: You might have noticed there's nothing there, yet. Massive editing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    The contrpunctal background of organists is always a good starting point for composition IMO.

You give us with it just another evidence.

Live performance in a church should be a nice experience...good luck!
    Thanks Fabio...

Indeed, playing 3 or 4 lines of counterpoint as an organist does
    help to hear moving lines as a composer. I am finding that orchestral writing is very freeing to me, because it allows to use more sounds and melodies together than one can do when writing for a solo instrument or a smaller ensemble.

A live performance would be nice, yes

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Tovan
    wow, there's only one thing I can say about the beginning, It's absolutely majestic. The contrapuntal work is nicely done, it gives me an omnious feeling.
    Thanks Tovan!

I hope the further development of this movement and the subsequent movements will be as effective.

Best,

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast