• Register
  • Help

Topic: KHSO Emerald intro offer bonus???

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald intro offer bonus???

Hello all,

I just purchased KHSO Emerald intro offer for Kontakt2 and noticed the following offer:

"Anyone who buys KHSO Emerald (Gigastudio or Kontakt 2 format) during December, 2005, will receive a free DVD of a large portion of the new upcoming Chamber Violins (part of the full Chamber Strings). It's automatic starting on December 8. Once you purchase your KHSO Emerald, you'll automatically be sent your free Chamber Violins in the same format."

Does anyone know if this offer is still good since it is prominently listed on the website when you go to purchase the KHSO Emerald (Kontakt2) product?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Re: KHSO Emerald intro offer bonus???

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Hello all,

I just purchased KHSO Emerald intro offer for Kontakt2 and noticed the following offer:

"Anyone who buys KHSO Emerald (Gigastudio or Kontakt 2 format) during December, 2005, will receive a free DVD of a large portion of the new upcoming Chamber Violins (part of the full Chamber Strings). It's automatic starting on December 8. Once you purchase your KHSO Emerald, you'll automatically be sent your free Chamber Violins in the same format."

Does anyone know if this offer is still good since it is prominently listed on the website when you go to purchase the KHSO Emerald (Kontakt2) product?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

If it's not I'd not let it be the deal breaker.
    Emerald is quite good in all respects even with out this little bonus.

Steve

It doesn't, but like Steve said, don't let that be the dealbreaker.

Offer is still good...at LEAST until the end of Feb, 06. At least until I can get some good working scripts for string sections, brass sections, woodwinds, and solos. I'm not saying I'll be providing a massive amount of scripts during this time, but at least those, and they'll work with existing KHSO Emerald in K2. After that, I'll be most likely creating a newer library with upgrade paths. Trust me, these scripts ain't cheap, so I have to try to figure the best way to create a value-added library while not losing my shirt!

Best Regards,
    Kirk

Oh, I see... So it was just for GigaStudio the offer had ended?

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    Offer is still good...at LEAST until the end of Feb, 06. At least until I can get some good working scripts for string sections, brass sections, woodwinds, and solos. I'm not saying I'll be providing a massive amount of scripts during this time, but at least those, and they'll work with existing KHSO Emerald in K2. After that, I'll be most likely creating a newer library with upgrade paths. Trust me, these scripts ain't cheap, so I have to try to figure the best way to create a value-added library while not losing my shirt!

Best Regards,
    Kirk
    Hi Kirk,
    just to understand it better: Will you be providing some "basic" scripts for the current Emerald owners and then make a (payable) upgrade for the remaining scripts or what exactly are the plans.

I must admit that it´s worth to shell out some extra money for all the extra work you have done, so there´s nothing wrong with that (hope I won´t be killed by other Emerald owners for this attitude ). Just wanted to know what to expect
    Regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Hi Kirk,
    just to understand it better: Will you be providing some "basic" scripts for the current Emerald owners and then make a (payable) upgrade for the remaining scripts or what exactly are the plans.
    Yes, that's exactly it. I am going to be doing some actual new samples that are geared especially for legato in the new library IF I do it. If I do not do it, I'll just include all the legato scripts in the current KHSO Emerald, but at a slightly higher price after Feb. So anyone who's got KHSO Emerald now, or whoever gets it before Feb is over can download whatever I work on until the end of Feb. (which should include string sections, brass sections, woodwinds, and most of the solos.) After that, I will be doing more detailed legato scripts with possibly more UI's. I also need to work on SynPhonic, which will soon have a new name....so watch for that too.

Thanks,
    Kirk

Kirk,

Thank you very much for the reply. No, it would not have been a deal breaker if that extra DVD bonus was over, but I am so very happy that I am grand-fathered in.

I actually AGONIZED over which to buy - GPO, KHSO Emerald or upgrade my EWQLSO Silver to gold or gold pro. After a ton of deliberation and listening to others opinions and complaints, demos, etc. I finally decided on KHSO. I have kontakt 2 and thereofre have the trimmed down VSL Orchestra collection that comes with it - but I REALLY liked the sound of your samples and demos quite a bit.

You really won me over by including Vivaldi in your demos. The Four Seasons has to be my favorite classical production - and my favorite part of that masterpiece is exactly what you used in two of your demos. LOL

So what you are saying is that script programming in Kontakt 2 is what you have left to do? As a fellow programmer, I understand how tedious and time-consuming programming can be. If I can be of help to you in any way, let me know.

I am quite satisfied that I made the best choice for my needs and look forward to using my new library when it arrives. To say I am excited is an understatement.

Thanks again.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Kirk,

You really won me over by including Vivaldi in your demos. The Four Seasons has to be my favorite classical production - and my favorite part of that masterpiece is exactly what you used in two of your demos. LOL

Thanks again.

Mike
    Hi Mike.

Thanks for the comment about the Vivaldi. You should realize that the 4 Seasons Winter demo was done using Chamber Strings, not Symphony Orchestra. You should still be able to do stuff like that with Symphony Orchestra, but obviously, with a "bigger" sound.

Thanks Again,
    Kirk

Kirk,

I am essentially new to orchestral libraries (owned my 1st two for a little less than a year now and have only created a few productions using them) and wish to start creating more orchestral (classical genre) scores (my music, till now, has been more new age, instrumental, techno, dance and project based using my hardware keyboards - my Korg Karma and my Technics KN7000 among many others).

My Emerald sample set will help me achieve this. However, since I want to be more educated in these matters, I have a few questions.

What kind of instructions come with Emerald - is it just "how to install" or do they go more in depth? Is there a suggestion area that suggests what instruments sound better placed where, proper panning arrangements, etc?

I have every intention of going to the local library and music store and educating myself on creating orchestral scores, as well as educating myself about the instruments I am not familiar with (I played brass instruments in my past and have played piano since I began lessons at 6 years of age - to this day I always fall back on piano as my comfort zone - that being said, I am truly rusty and not the greatest pianist at the moment - practice, practice practice!!!) - but my past has always been more hands on and less learning first.

Any suggestions you can provide would be fantastic.

I believe it's really just a matter of getting my feet wet and "diving in" to a orchestral project. I'll listen to some classical music from various composers (vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, etc) to become more familiar.

I guess it's all so new to me because classical music is not an area I listented to until recently (although my father desperately tried to get me to listen when I was a youngin'). I guess that's what 'growing up' is all about, eh? However, I can't deny it - it's in my blood, being that my blood relative was the late great Arturo Rubenstein. Maybe that's where my creativity comes from? Is it really in the mind or in the genes?

Not to mention that I have a massive urge to begin creating more cinematic-style compositions. I really don't know why or what is compelling me to do so - but it's almost like I cannot wait to get started. Maybe it's the fact that I watch a ton of movies and have actually been paying all my attention on the music and not the visuals?

I dunno. Consider this thread part question and part music philosophy / psychology.

I apologize to anyone I have bored.

Mike

Go Back to forum