• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sounds FX creation in Cuabse SL problem

Share/Bookmark

Question Sounds FX creation in Cuabse SL problem

Can Any1 help me with that ???
    I need to score some FXes to animation.
    The animation is starship flying around and I have a looped sound of an engine but i need to simulate acceleration and deacceleration during a flight sequence....
    How to do this in cubase SL ??? how to change pitch automation like volume or panning ???

Re: Sounds FX creation in Cuabse SL problem

I don't believe there is any pitch automation in Cubase. Ideally, you could do the score in Cubase and then do the final mixdown with sound fx in Vegas.

You could also figure out the timing and do the pitch shifting in Sound Forge.

You can automate all the plug-in parameters in Cubase. So, if you have any plug-ins like Wave's Doppler you could automate the pitch shifting that way. If you don't have any plug-ins that do pitch shifting, there's a free plug-in called Suppatrigger http://www.smartelectronix.com/ (there's actually many free plug-ins developed by these guys, and they all rock). I'm sure theres a few pitch-shifting plug-ins there. Suppatrigger is weird. It operates randomly and chops up an audio signal and messes around with it in various ways. One way is the "slow" function. So you could render a version of the spaceship with the Suppatrigger applied, set with a high probability to "slow", then you'd have to reverse it to emulate a ship speeding up.

Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Wink Re: Sounds FX creation in Cuabse SL problem

Other solution came up suddenly.... to load engine sound into sampler and use pitch bend

Go Back to forum