• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: ''Hollywood Sound'' Sound Library.. which?

Share/Bookmark

''Hollywood Sound'' Sound Library.. which?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a nice sounding orchestral sample library which has that so-called ''Hollywood Sound''. I thought about buying Project Sam Orchestral Brass and True Strike and combine it with a Orchestral Strings library but i don't like the fact to mix and match hundreds of sample libraries that match my needs. So.. could anybody recommend me some?

Thanks!

Re: ''Hollywood Sound'' Sound Library.. which?

GPO is ideal for this.

Quote Originally Posted by black death
    GPO is ideal for this.
    In the hands of someone with a clue, yes.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............ .................................................. .........................

There is no Spoon...........

This is like Groundhog Day :>(

D

...East West...

...VSL....
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

Custom libraries...

For a very new user I'd recommend East West Silver to get your feet wet.
    Right out of the box it's gonna give you the sound.
    Go and listen to some of the demos and see if the sound suites you.

Steve

Wow! i just got up and it ''is'' groundhod day ,..it has been said many times by many pro. here(not me) that, ''that'' sound is more complecated than buying a specific lib., personnaly i think it has more to do whit the ''writing'' than anything els, and the ''hollywood sound'' is just to vague.

But if i were to ''play'' along, i would defenatly go whit Sonic Implants, Sam's project, VSL but not EW caus it's been recorded in a big ''empty'' hall and that is not the Holywood sound to me, most hollywood scores were recorded in a studio(sound stage), not a HALL, for me SI has the closes stage sound, Sam would be perfect, Kurk Hunter has some demos that reminds me of Holywood scores too and for very little money. Now i'm not saying EW isn't good, i'm saying it does't have that typical sound. But some how, i'm sure there will be plenty of people saying EW is the way to go caus that question seems to be desing for that answer .

P.S. BLACK DEATH, you've been defending ew all day yesterday for that Hollywood sound and it's articulations and NOW you say GPO is the way to go , what the hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............ .................................................. .........................

There is no Spoon...........

This is like Groundhog Day :>(

D
    Exactly.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast