• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hand Clap Samples/Loops???

Share/Bookmark

Hand Clap Samples/Loops???

I'm needing a good live sounding hand clap loop or sample. I don't mean applause, but rhythm based hand clapping like when an audience claps along with a performance. I would prefer loops, and it needs to have a little sloppiness like you get with a large audience. The pattern is just simple 1-3 hits, but it needs energy and enthusiasm.

Any ideas?

Re: Hand Clap Samples/Loops???

I assume you dont' have stylus rmx and any spectrasonics xpander or spectrasonics vocal planet cdrom?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

There are some good ones in the old Clearmountain II drums samples.

Also, RMX has a bunch, and some stomps and stuff like that that could be used as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx
    I assume you dont' have stylus rmx and any spectrasonics xpander or spectrasonics vocal planet cdrom?
    rsp

Correct.....

Hey Sporter

Try here
    http://www.reactorsite.com/

Best
    Bo

The free percussion samples that Project SAM used to have on their site included some nice handclaps. In fact, they were recorded by number - so you had one sample with just one guy clapping, then another with 2, another with 4, etc. It had stomps too! But, I'm not so sure they still have it so you'll have to check the site.

FWIW, one time I was composing a piece and had a handclap part, but they needed to be sharper and closer than any of the acoustic handclap patches I had, yet more realistic than a synthetic one. After searching around my whole library, I eventually grabbed my two mics and clapped the part out myself, five times and in different areas of the room. It sounded absolutely perfect, and had a bite and liveliness that I wouldn't've gotten even if I had the "correct" sample. So, I dunno... just something to think about.

I guess it's kinda silly for me to advocate live recording in a sampling forum, but for something as doable as handclaps, it's maybe not such a bad idea to give it a shot.
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Will Roget
    After searching around my whole library, I eventually grabbed my two mics and clapped the part out myself, five times and in different areas of the room. It sounded absolutely perfect, and had a bite and liveliness that I wouldn't've gotten even if I had the "correct" sample. So, I dunno... just something to think about.

I guess it's kinda silly for me to advocate live recording in a sampling forum, but for something as doable as handclaps, it's maybe not such a bad idea to give it a shot.

Actually, I had thought about that. Or maybe get several people at different places in the room...

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx
    FWIW I'm pretty sure the claps from Vocal Planet are also on Stylus RMX. I accidentally discovered that doing some gospel tracks last week. So no need to buy Vocal Planet just for claps, though it is excellent and worth buying anyway.

Stylus RMX has some good claps, but they might not be exactly what you're looking for. The sloppiest they get is gospel church claps which have a lot of ambience and aren't as sloppy as an audience might be. But buy RMX anyway because it's so darn cool.

I'd try sound effects libraries. A number of them let you buy individual samples online (via download.)

I like Will's idea too.

- Mike Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Will Roget
    The free percussion samples that Project SAM used to have on their site included some nice handclaps. In fact, they were recorded by number - so you had one sample with just one guy clapping, then another with 2, another with 4, etc. It had stomps too! But, I'm not so sure they still have it so you'll have to check the site.
    They're still there. On the Project SAM homepage, you'll see a place to "enter your e-mail to download free sounds." Do that, then scroll down to "various percussion" which includes the handclaps.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Check out a VST instrument called StompBud:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/archiv...3-03/17066.php

Jerry

Go Back to forum