• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO worth it for getting quick results?

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO worth it for getting quick results?

I'm a longtime Finale user and want to upgrade my Finale 2004 to 2006 ... I'd also like to get the GPO with it and all of its sounds.

I am a GigaStudio3 user and GOS user and SAM libs user, etc etc.... but I was thinking it would be great to have GPO to get quick results and decent sounds with my Finale compositions before I dig into them with the GS3 and Sonar, etc.

Is that worth it? Should I get the Finale upgrade WITH GPO?

Thanks.

Re: GPO worth it for getting quick results?

If you upgrade to Finale 2006, a lite version of GPO is included. Play with that first, if you like what you here but want more, then upgrade to the full GPO. I'm sure you'll love then Finale/Kontakt player integration.

Jeff

I agree... buy and try the Finale 2006 with GPO lite... it certainly opened up my wallet quickly for regular GPO!

I don't mind spending lots of time tweeking stuff to get a good final result, but (like you) I wanted a decent quick render available.... Finale/GPO/Human Playback will do just that with very little extra work. In fact, go over to the Listening Room and hear David Soznowski's latest "Lucifer and Gahndi" - David does it ALL in Finale and it sounds WONderful...

I was skeptical at first - I demo'ed GPO in its early incarnation and found it was too much trouble to mess with (for me) Having it integrated with Finale does about 1/2(or more) of the work ahead of time. Now, after a short 5 or 6 months I am a loyal user

Cheers

Matt, for the cost of the Finale upgrade (which includes a very serviceable GPO Lite), I don't see how you could possibly go wrong -- and as Jonathan said, I'd bet you spend an hour with the upgrade, and whip out your wallet for the full version of GPO.

I'm also a longtime Finale user (since ~1997) -- and the integration is excellent on this. You can pretty much just... score.

After years of struggling with Finale and various libraries and external hardware, etc. -- Finale 2006C just flat-out amazed me. For a composer, it's pig heaven!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Post Scriptum:
    Thanks for the plug, Jonathan...

I use Finale 2006c with full GPO. For a sample of what the combintion sounds like, check out my website at http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/music/ and click on any of the songs with a Dec. 2005 date or later and hear for yourself. I would recommend the "December 3 2005 new.WAV" piece for starters. I don't use anything else, though I'm just now learning how to use SONAR Home Studio Version 4.

Thumbs up Re: GPO worth it for getting quick results?

Excellent. Thanks for the comments. I've also used Finale since 1997 and it's great to hear that this 2006 version is a true UPGRADE!

It sounds like I'll just order the upgrade and then buy the GPO Full after I give the Lite a spin. I assume it's the same price if I buy it with the upgrade or later? Sounds like a plan!

Just a side note but an important one, Matt... I believe Finale may still be shipping the baseline version of 2006.

Check first thing when you get it, what the version is.

It's very important to immediately update to version 2006c if that is not what you have.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Just a side note but an important one, Matt... I believe Finale may still be shipping the baseline version of 2006.

Check first thing when you get it, what the version is.

It's very important to immediately update to version 2006c if that is not what you have.
    Don't worry... that's always the first thing I do when I get a piece of software. Get the updates! Thanks for the reminder, though!

Go Back to forum