• Register
  • Help

Topic: KH emerald

Share/Bookmark

KH emerald

I was just wondering, about the Emelerald library.
    Is it recorded with ambience? Becouse i was reading that it was possible to do more aggressive string stuff with it, faster runs etc, as i would be blending it with EWQLSO.
    How would the 2 mix, ensemble sizes, ambience etc.

And is it also pre-panned?
    And how does the kontakt 2 version perform?
    Is it lighter on the computer than say EWQLSO gold?

And then another question if i order it (from Norway) how much will it cost me extra in taxes and vat. to get it here? Anyone else in a neighbour country ordered it yet, and what was the final price in that case?

Thanx.

Re: KH emerald

Hello from Denmark
    I ordered it a week ago, and just got it today, but haven't had much time play with it yet - but I can answer the last question: here in DK it passed right through customs no duties or nothing

Hey.
    Thanx for the info.
    Well i think Dennmark is better perhaps that way..but i will give it a try i think, just hope it doesnt become too expenseive to "import".
    Did they set the invoice value to the retail price, or just the value of the dvd discs "physical" value?

Customs have not been a problem yet to my knowledge.

The package is small enough that customs don't have an issue with it passing through.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone
    i was just wondering, about the Emelerald library.
    is it recorded with ambience? becouse i was reading that it was possible to do more aggressive string stuff with it, faster runs etc, as i would be blending it with EWQLSO.
    how would the 2 mix, ensemble sizes, ambience etc.
    and is it also pre-panned?
    And how does the kontakt 2 version perform..ehe perfomence wise?
    is it easier on the computer than say EWQLSO gold?

And then another question hehe..if i order it (from Norway) how much will it cost me extra in taxes and vat. to get it here? anyone else in a nabouring country ordered it, and what was the final price in that case?

Thanx.
    I got Emerald because I have had Gold for a while, and wanted more accurate, controlable strings. The strings blend quite well with Gold in my opinion.
    Some of the patches have ambience on them, some are dry.
    What I do is use a reverb on the strings if it's not sounding close enough to what I've done in Gold.
    I've finished 2 pieces so far where all of the strings ( except for about 10 notes ) are Emerald and everything else is Gold, and I'm very happy with the result.
    The string patches I've used so far have all been panned propperly.

The Emerald string Instruments I've been using are very "on time" very well sampled, very well edited and programmed and consequently I can play through a part and get it done cleanly and quickly and with very expressive rhythm and dynamics, without having to edit nearly as much, after playing the part, or continually stopping and re-adjusting my emotional posture for the sake of instruments that are inconsistent.

Steve

Hey,
    Thanx for the info.
    I think i will give it a try.
    EWQLSO gold is very good, but it bugs me that the timing and attacks are a bit sloppy, its difficult to do fast and agressive stuff , especially with the lower string sections.

I am however, worried that the customs will double the price, this country (Norway) is notorious for difficult customs peole, so it would help greatly if i knew that Mr.Kirk Hunter would send the library with a invoice showing just the value of the psyhical product, that being a few DVD`s.
    But anyway, ill give it a try i think.

Thanx for your answers.!

There have been several orders from Norway, and none have reported any customs issues. Also, I always declare just the physical value of the DVD's so you would not have to worry.

Thanks,
    Kirk

Hey.
    Good news then.
    You see i always get trouble when ordering from the US, thanx for clearing that up.!

It`s good that you are aware of the issues with value declaration, not all companys care about that, and indirectly inflict extra costs for overseas customers.
    But thanx agian, ill send in my order soon i think.!

Go Back to forum