• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: translator sucks

Share/Bookmark

translator sucks

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    dear fantom users,
    did anyone have the same catastrophically experiences by trying to work with chicken translator??
    from the first contact by trying to get the translator...get the right keycode...try to convert something...its an unbelievable insolence!!!
    i try to explane to mr. garth hjelte, that i need a new keycode. my first is lost cause my computer crashed after working with translator for the first time.i need to reinstall windows xp again...so need a new keycode (the old one is lost). wayting until today...nothing happens. he told me to reset all codes so that i can register again. it doesnt work like anything else.until now i work the program in 5 day modus and trying about 1000 different possibilities to get a few patches from akai disks on my cf card for my roland fantom xa. i try in many different ways (the drag and drop methode....blabla) try to drag it from the right to the left (direkt on the cf card - or - into the roland folder - or - into the fans.svd file). also using diff. options (options menues). anything i do...there comes only bull~~~~ out of translator. i payd for it and now i am sitting here...consider what this softwar wants to be!!??
    who has the same experiences??
    grenular

Re: translator sucks

Have you guys not noticed? There is a Translator section of this forum. Why don't you toddle off down there, air your grievances and see whether or not Garth et al can come up with some solutions for you.

D

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Garth is very responsive to issues, guys. I am surprised to hear any report to the contrary. I worked with him on several translation difficulties early on with Symphony of Voices and Vocal Planet, and he got both of those working perfectly within a couple of weeks.

I would go as far as to say I have never worked with anyone who is more willing to fix problems--and almost immediately, rather than waiting for an update six months down the road.

I suggest that you post a note on his forum and see if he can help you out.

People who post like this suck.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Translator works correctly on dozens upon dozens of libraries, in a large number of formats. Translating sampler formats is far from exact science.

If one has a problem translating a particular library from/to a particular format, the way to raise the issue and help the situation is to be specific and supply all the relevant information.

cdXtract is much better

I guess bulding a sample swiss armyknife that covers as many formats as Translator does is pretty hard, with all new versions and features that appears all the time.
    I'm a Translator user and I think it works great. When it doesn't, Garth is very fast to update and get new builds out.
    That's my experience anyway!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    If one has a problem translating a particular library from/to a particular format, the way to raise the issue and help the situation is to be specific and supply all the relevant information.
    When I first got Translator I was doing that. Then I decided I didn't want to have a personal relationship with them. Seemed every time I translated something there was a problem. For awhile I was angry and frustrated, now I don't care - the money is spent. If it works - it works, if it doesn't - it doesn't. From a programmers perspective it appears to be a real "dirty" hodge-podge of a program. I wouldn't buy a next version without hearing some real user feedback and when possible I try to warn buyers that it may not meet their expectations. CDXtract is much cleaner.

For me it was just part of the softsynth/sampling learning curve.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone
    yeah we suck you suck , everybody sucks.
    nope, i was not looking for any help, i was just responding to a question...
    just an honest answer. sorry if that offends you.
    Yes, it offends me when anonymous 'new members' disparage reputable people and their products with insulting language.
    You could have said...I had a disappointing experience....I found it frustrating...whatever. Obviously, Translator doesn't 'suck' as it has a huge and largely happy user base and is an industry standard. Whoever you are.

I say we ingore everybody that doesn't use their real name. I mean c'mon. I'm sick of people coming on forums and making stupid blanket statements about this or that product. They all work and they all have some problems.

Look if you truly do have a problem with Translator take it up privately and speak to the company directly. There's no need to state it publicly on a forum, especially one that has many users of that product that use it just fine.

And, for crying out loud! If you really wanted help with your product, then you would disclose your name and contact info so the manufacture can contact you with a fix. At least have the decency to tell people who you really are!

Jeez!

Sincerely,

ArsNova

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast