• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone here use Quested monitors?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone here use Quested monitors?

Apparently, the 2108 series are used by Alan Myerson, a film mixer of 'Crimson Tide', 'Thin Red Line', 'Gladiator', 'MI2' fame.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever used these, and <ducking> how much they might retail for? I went to the Q site, but saw no ifno regarding pricing. I don't mean to turn this into a 'what speaker/monitor should I get' thread, as I am sure there are enough of those (tho, if you really want to, knock yourself out!). This is just an inquiry to see if anyone uses them, and if they are really that good.

Cheers.

Re: Anyone here use Quested monitors?

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith
    Apparently, the 2108 series are used by Alan Myerson, a film mixer of 'Crimson Tide', 'Thin Red Line', 'Gladiator', 'MI2' fame.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever used these, and <ducking> how much they might retail for? I went to the Q site, but saw no ifno regarding pricing. I don't mean to turn this into a 'what speaker/monitor should I get' thread, as I am sure there are enough of those (tho, if you really want to, knock yourself out!). This is just an inquiry to see if anyone uses them, and if they are really that good.

Cheers.
    I don't use this monitors, but an idea for the retail price is there:
    http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/pro...+Monitoring&s=
    or there:
    http://users.skynet.be/bk290888/page...s/quested.html

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Hey Tom - thanks for that, but how does that translate into USD? LOL

Nice photos, btw! I love the animal photos, but there is a problem with your site; once at a particular album, you can not go back. Hit the back button, and you are not brought to the previous page. Just a heads-up. I use IE 6.

Cheers.

About $2960...

D

If you can get hold of this month's Sound on Sound there is an article from the editor featuring Roger Quested's new S Range Jeff.

They look pretty good and I have always been sorely tempted by the Quested sound.

Yes I use quested VH108's for rears doubling as nearfields and VH208s at the front - also got Roger Quested to build me a centre 208 speaker in a custom shoehorn design to fit around a chimney breast - didn't cost me much more doing it a custom size as they make them to order anyway.

They're awesome! not sure now how much they were as it was a few years ago, but www.turnkey.co.uk are the distributers in the uk so you could check with them.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith

Cheers.

Go Back to forum