• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Opus1 and Sibelius users

Share/Bookmark

VSL Opus1 and Sibelius users

Opus1 plugin is available. Enjoy.

http://homepage.mac.com/dbudde/VSLOpus1/

Re: VSL Opus1 and Sibelius users

dbuddle -Way cool! I have been thinking about building such a plugin myself - caught between having the time to do it, and having a tool which would save a boatload of time.

If it lives up to 50% of what it is "advertised" as on your site, I will be very impressed - and happy!

Thx!

--Dirk

Great work dbudde! And very nice of you to provide it for free.
    I don't have Sibelius, but I'm still very interested to hear what kind of results one could get. You don't happen to have any audio demos?

Nils

Very cool! This makes me want to crossgrade to the kontakt patches! Does VSL let you crossgrade? Off to vsl.co.at (edit: yes they do, for 10%)

btw, do you plan on doing this for Opus 2 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Great work dbudde! And very nice of you to provide it for free.
    I don't have Sibelius, but I'm still very interested to hear what kind of results one could get. You don't happen to have any audio demos?

Nils
    I haven't had time to do any actual audio samples other than just some test cases (which I am very happy with, by the way). When I finish the plugin I'm doing for Garritan Stradivari Violin, then I'll actually have some time to make some music. I will post some when that happens. But it will be a couple of months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    Very cool! This makes me want to crossgrade to the kontakt patches! Does VSL let you crossgrade? Off to vsl.co.at (edit: yes they do, for 10%)

btw, do you plan on doing this for Opus 2 as well?
    No plans for Opus2. Opus2 is really just a set of sequences like runs and repetitions and stuff that can be handled already in Sibelius. So I didn't see what benefit this would have. But the plugin is relatively instrument agnostic so it can be extended to other instrument sets as long as you can live with the template format I've chosen.

I do plan to include futher cases for Guitar at some point, but the manuscript language that Sibelius uses for scripting does not support recognition of things like bends, slides and other guitar specific articulation notation. So what support there is today is rudimentary but still somewhat effective.

Hi Dave,

thank you for posting this, and also thanks for all the time you put into this, and the generosity of sharing this plug in with others.
    This is very appreciated.

regards,

Steve Martin

Dear dbudde,

First of all, congratulations! nice plugin!

Does this plugin works with the PRO version of VSL CUBE?

I think that the instruments that come with Kontakt2 are from VSL Opus 1... am I right?

thank you,

mars

Hi dbudde,

May I ask where you learned the Sib programming from? I'm also interested in programming some plugins (I personally have some programming experiences in other languages).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mars
    Dear dbudde,

First of all, congratulations! nice plugin!

Does this plugin works with the PRO version of VSL CUBE?

I think that the instruments that come with Kontakt2 are from VSL Opus 1... am I right?

thank you,

mars
    The plugin only works with Kontakt 2 instruments. So Horizon series is the only one from VSL. Yes, the ones that come with Kontakt2 are a subset of Opus1.

Go Back to forum