• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 2.54 + s/pdif out

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 2.54 + s/pdif out

Gigastudio is on a standalone P3. Cubase is on a G4. I'm trying to use the s/pdif out on the Gigastudio Audiophile 2496 to render tracks digitally to Cubase via the s/pdif in MOTU 828 interface. No luck so far. Do I need an external clock to do this? Also, do I need to run s/pdif cables both ways (in & out) between the 2 interfaces? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Walter

Re: Gigastudio 2.54 + s/pdif out

Quote Originally Posted by Walra
    Gigastudio is on a standalone P3. Cubase is on a G4. I'm trying to use the s/pdif out on the Gigastudio Audiophile 2496 to render tracks digitally to Cubase via the s/pdif in MOTU 828 interface. No luck so far. Do I need an external clock to do this? Also, do I need to run s/pdif cables both ways (in & out) between the 2 interfaces? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Walter
    I don't know about the 2496, but my Audiophile 192 driver doesn't handle GSIF on the S/PDIF outputs. I've done the tests. M-Audio is the culprit in this case.

You might contact them and give them another nudge.

-JF

Thanks Jon - this may be the case. I emailed and voicemailed M-audio a few days ago - so far to no avail. We'll see if and how they respond. I got the 2496 for Giga specifically to do digital rendering (as well as low latency).
    Would be a shame if this wasn't possible.

This is doable with a 2496.
    I set a friends machine up with 2 AP2496 cards and the real trick is learning
    the AP mixer and setting the clock source to the correct setting.
    I believe the receiving end needs to be set to SPDIF clock source.

I'm pretty sure the problem you're having is in the clock setting.

Sorry I can't be more specific ... I use Echo Gina24s to do the same type of thing but I don't really have an an intuitive feel for the AP mixer.
    It confuses me.

Be sure to test your buffer etting in the AP Mixer and see if you can set them as low as possible. It will give you the least ammount of latency.

Steve

Go Back to forum