• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 4 and GPO - multiple confusion

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 4 and GPO - multiple confusion

Hello. I have searched every Sibelius thread in the forums and still have some questions. Please clarify if you can. Thanks!

I would like to use GPO/SIBELIUS4 for most of my work, but I would also like to use GPO as a live playback sound source via midi. Can I do this with the GPO Sibelius edition? If so, can I use a non-sibelius sequencer and still access the GPO instruments, or can I only play the GPO instruments through Sibelius if I buy the GPO/SIB edition?

The answer to that question will determine a few more questions I have, so I will wait to hear the answer before posting any more. Thanks!

Re: Sibelius 4 and GPO - multiple confusion

evancopp,
    As far as I know the GPO Sibelius edition only works with Sibelius 4. It uses the Subelius palyer and cannot use a non-sibelius sequence. You may want to verify this directly with Sibelius.

What you can do is buy the usual GPO which you can use with a sequencer. You can also use it with Sibelius via GPO Studio but it's better integrated with the GPO Sibelius edition. Then for $49 you can upgrade and get the sibelius-only version. Hope this helps.
    Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by evancopp
    Hello. I have searched every Sibelius thread in the forums and still have some questions. Please clarify if you can. Thanks!

I would like to use GPO/SIBELIUS4 for most of my work, but I would also like to use GPO as a live playback sound source via midi. Can I do this with the GPO Sibelius edition? If so, can I use a non-sibelius sequencer and still access the GPO instruments, or can I only play the GPO instruments through Sibelius if I buy the GPO/SIB edition?

The answer to that question will determine a few more questions I have, so I will wait to hear the answer before posting any more. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    What you can do is buy the usual GPO which you can use with a sequencer. You can also use it with Sibelius via GPO Studio but it's better integrated with the GPO Sibelius edition. Then for $49 you can upgrade and get the sibelius-only version. Hope this helps.
    Gary
    Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that I can buy regular GPO and then just pay for the $49 Sibelius upgrade and I will have essentially 2 co-existing GPO versions in my computer that I can use independently, regular GPO for sequencing stuff and SIB/GPO when I want to use Sibelius? That sounds a little too good to be true, but it would be the IDEAL set up for me. Is it possible? I really want the best of both worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by evancopp
    Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that I can buy regular GPO and then just pay for the $49 Sibelius upgrade and I will have essentially 2 co-existing GPO versions in my computer that I can use independently, regular GPO for sequencing stuff and SIB/GPO when I want to use Sibelius? That sounds a little too good to be true, but it would be the IDEAL set up for me. Is it possible? I really want the best of both worlds!
    That's exactly right. Many of us have this exact scenario.

Keith Walls

That is AWESOME news. I can't wait to get started. Thank you so much!

Go Back to forum