Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Cindy Sheehan Arrested at Speech

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Cindy Sheehan Arrested at Speech

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    It's called dictatorship my friends.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/...est/index.html
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Cindy Sheehan Arrested at Speech

It's hard to understand what she actually did from reading that. Nobody gets arrested for wearing a t-shirt - there must be something more to the story.

Baloney. It was an illegal display, she was asked not to do it and she insisted, knowing that the publicity over a detention would be worth its weight in gold.

I am quite sure it was her intent to stir up controversy... getting arrested is a good way to get attention.

I am not sure what the rules are for sitting in the House gallery, but you can't just waltz in there off the street. I am sure you're not allowed to bring in rally signs either.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I am quite sure it was her intent to stir up controversy... getting arrested is a good way to get attention.

I am not sure what the rules are for sitting in the House gallery, but you can't just waltz in there off the street. I am sure you're not allowed to bring in rally signs either.
    Correct. She was invited by a congress member. Banners would be dis-repectful (and possibly an illegal display according to house rules). A T-shirt is another matter (perhaps dis-respectful but not illegal). The banner thing turned out not to be true as it was reported by a member of congress (who's name has an (R) next to it most likely).The point is they wanted her gone at least till the end of the circus act.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

From what I can tell, the problem was she was going to weild the shirt like a banner. If she HAD been wearing it, I'm not sure if they could have done anything. But she basically SOOOOOOO blew it. If she had just sat there with dignity she would have had an impact. This just comes off like an old hippie stunt that went out in '69. Hey, like her other protests!!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    From what I can tell, the problem was she was going to weild the shirt like a banner. If she HAD been wearing it, I'm not sure if they could have done anything. But she basically SOOOOOOO blew it. If she had just sat there with dignity she would have had an impact. This just comes off like an old hippie stunt that went out in '69. Hey, like her other protests!!
    I agree. I'd have just showed up in a trench coat (with nothing but my Red White and Blue Bikini shorts underneath and waited for the right moment) . There! Enjoy that image! Sorry about the nighmares.

Those hippie stunts eventually convinced the majority of this country that the Vietnam war was wrong. Protest certainly didn't go out of style in '69, in fact it's more important today than ever. What did go out of style was redneck comments.

By the way, when in history have liberals ever demonized anything or anyone they disagree with the way the despicable conservative swine do routinely? A few examples: Michael Moore, the very word "liberal," John Kerry (Swift Boat Penises), John McCain (yes, even though he's not liberal), and now Cindy Sheehan.

I'd calmed down recently, but I'm hopping mad again. Conservatives suck.

"US must cut its reliance on foreign oil." Translation: ~~~~ the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I'd calmed down recently, but I'm hopping mad again. Conservatives suck.

"US must cut its reliance on foreign oil." Translation: ~~~~ the environment.

Watch that blood pressure Nick- it'll take years off your life!! So, how about that Justice Aleto, huh?? (Just kidding- seriously, breathe slowly.. )

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast