• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Any JABBers with Edirol PCR controllers?

Share/Bookmark

Any JABBers with Edirol PCR controllers?

I just set up an awesome preset for JABB with the Edirol PCR-80. It uses every single Slider, Button, and Knob, but it really flows and everything is grouped together intuitively. and you can reach everything you need easily. If anyone wants a copy, let me know. This is the basic arrangement:

SLIDERS - Playing techniques - (Dynamics, Vibrato, Legato, Air Flow/Key Click/Growl, etc.)

KNOBS - Sound Tweaking (Length, Portamento, Var 1&2, Tone Quality, Plunger open/close, Trumpet Releases) (the 4 vibraphone controls are R1-R4).

BUTTONS - Keyswitches for Trumpet, Guitar, etc., etc.

L BUTTONS - Sus. Pedal (for when I don't have my pedal with me) and Pitch bend defeat

If anyone wants a copy, I can post it or email it.

chris.

Re: Any JABBers with Edirol PCR controllers?

Please send! I have a PCR-30 controller.

Steve

Hi everyone -- I posted my JABB stuff on my website.

www.uglybassett.com/gjabb

So far this includes:

-The JABB Reference Sheet

-My Edirol PCR & JABB Preset (for use in the PCR editor that came with the Edirol controller -- you can also download the editor from the edirol website)

-An assignment chart for the Edirol/JABB preset (in Excel Spreadsheet format).

Enjoy,
    chris.

I'm also on a PCR-30 and have a similar setup, though I've used the rightmost sliders for common controls so I don't think I can adopt your scheme at this point. Mine is:

S5 = Breath Control
    S6 = Expression
    S7 = Channel Pressure/Aftertouch
    S8 = Mod Wheel

Good tip on assigning B1-6 to keyswitches!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

By the way, I forgot to mention:

I limited Air Flow Noise and Key Click to 0-60 values, because much higher than that is just plain weird sounding. Having a smaller range allows for more subtle edits, anyway...

chris.

Hyup, I do the same thing myself. I'd say that we should get Tom to limit that range in the programming, but since it's already in use, perhaps it's a little late?

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Thumbs up Re: Any JABBers with Edirol PCR controllers?

Wow! Why didn't I see this befive? I have the Edirol PCR50. This is great! Thanks.

1. I assigned Modulation to a slider because the Edirol's springy MOD wheel is not ideal for dynamics
    I've defeated the spring for the MOD wheel easily. MOD control is just like a wheel giving you full control. It's so easy even a Caveman can do it. Hah hah hah.

Yeah, I saw your post on removing the spring, but I haven't had the ba[guts]lls to do it.

I like using a slider anyway, because it's right next to the other sliders. This way I can adjust dynamics, vibrato intensity and speed, and legato all at once in realtime, more or less.

chris.

I kind of thought many would be hesitant to try it. I was surprised at how easy it was. All the outside screws hold the bottom on and all the inner screws hold the circuit board, keys, and other working parts. After taking the bottom off, there it was. Popped off easily and now it controls perfectly. It was so easy that putting the spring back will be no problem.
    Just think you'll have an extra slider.

Go Back to forum