• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Exclamation PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    Hello

    I'm a new user of tascam US-122, looks like Cubase & Tascam seem to run fine but both do not correspond with each other; for example once i simply add a midi track there's no signals on Cubase .
    i really wanna start creating music & for the last 2 weeks i couldn't start making it cos to it.

    much thanks

    Gersh

  2. #2

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    I don't use Cubase, so I can't give details, but in general you want to set up each MIDI track in cubase to point to a midi Port and Channel.

    1) Point Cubase track 1 to Giga's MIDI port 1, Channel 1.
    2) Load an instrument into Giga, say piano, into Giga Port 1 channel 1.
    3) Draw some notes in the piano roll for Cubase track 1
    4) Play the sequence
    5) Hear the piano

    You should be able to test Giga alone by mousing the software piano keys in Giga, or by playing your MIDI keyboard.

    -JF

  3. #3

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    When you say Giga's midi port what do you mean? are you refering to Tascam, i'm really a beginner but i loaded a vst instrument,channel 1 midi 1, the out goes to the vst but the in suppose to go to the US-122, once i pull down the drop box tghere's no option for us-122, i reinstalled Tascam & still i can't correspond with Cubase
    hope u can help

    thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I don't use Cubase, so I can't give details, but in general you want to set up each MIDI track in cubase to point to a midi Port and Channel.

    1) Point Cubase track 1 to Giga's MIDI port 1, Channel 1.
    2) Load an instrument into Giga, say piano, into Giga Port 1 channel 1.
    3) Draw some notes in the piano roll for Cubase track 1
    4) Play the sequence
    5) Hear the piano

    You should be able to test Giga alone by mousing the software piano keys in Giga, or by playing your MIDI keyboard.

    -JF

  4. #4

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    First of all, don't give up, it's not obvius at the beginning. And try to keep your cool,..i know it's not easy .

    2# are you running giga as stand alone or as rewire? If you are running giga as stand alone on the same pc, you'll need something like midi yok or some kind of program that will transport midi information from Cubase to GIGA, you could also buy yourself a midi interface at your local music store but it would be more expensive.

    You could also run GIGA as REWIRE, then you'll be able to have those 2 working together in cubase, search for rewire in your manual and read the instructions , i know it's no fun but it's a good way to learn, come back here if it's not working, i'm sure someone will be able to help, but you should be O.K. since even ''i'' could do it .

    Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

    Oup! do you have 1 Pc or 2?... that's important for us to know that.
    Last edited by geronimo001; 01-31-2006 at 02:22 PM. Reason: wrong info!

  5. #5

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    I'm not sure what you mean Geronimo, Tascam US-122 is a midi/audio interface connected to my computer with a simple usb cable what else do i need to know, it worked fine few months ago.
    btw what's Giga?



    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    First of all, don't give up, it's not obvius at the beginning. And try to keep your cool,..i know it's not easy .

    2# are you running giga as stand alone or as rewire? If you are running giga as stand alone on the same pc, you'll need something like midi yok or some kind of program that will transport midi information from Cubase to GIGA, you could also buy yourself a midi interface at your local music store but it would be more expensive.

    You could also run GIGA as REWIRE, then you'll be able to have those 2 working together in cubase, search for rewire in your manual and read the instructions , i know it's no fun but it's a good way to learn, come back here if it's not working, i'm sure someone will be able to help, but you should be O.K. since even ''i'' could do it .

    Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

    Oup! do you have 1 Pc or 2?... that's important for us to know that.

  6. #6

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    Never mind my above explanation. I had assumed that you had Tascam GigaStudio. This is a GigaStudio forum.

    If your US-122 is properly installed, it will publish its MIDI ports (in and out) and its audio. You then need to configure Cubase to access it. But as I don't own Cubase, I can't help with the details.

    -JF

  7. #7

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    Oups! , sorry GIGA is a sampler call gigastudio, forget about giga, but it's a great software .

    O.K. do this:

    1# go into devise setup in Cubase.

    2# next go in ''all midi input'' and make sure your us-122 is in there and active.

    3# next go ''defaulst midi port'' and make sure you setup your us-122 as midi in.

    3# next go to ''directmusic'' and make sure your us-122 is in there and active.

    4# you should also run the asio multimedia setup and see if your card is active.

    5# make shure your us-122 is the default sound card in windows


    P.S. I no expert but those should help, and don,t forget to reed the manual , have fun,.. in the end, we all have to reed it.

    I hope that helps!

    Geronimo.

  8. #8

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Oups! , sorry GIGA is a sampler call gigastudio, forget about giga, but it's a great software .

    O.K. do this:

    1# go into devise setup in Cubase.

    2# next go in ''all midi input'' and make sure your us-122 is in there and active.

    3# next go ''defaulst midi port'' and make sure you setup your us-122 as midi in.

    3# next go to ''directmusic'' and make sure your us-122 is in there and active.

    Hey, the Tascam US 122 doesn't appear on device set up but installed on my computer, the only option it shown is on vst multi track & output, there's no evidence of tascam on any of the rest, what 's going on here...

    4# you should also run the asio multimedia setup and see if your card is active.

    5# make shure your us-122 is the default sound card in windows


    P.S. I no expert but those should help, and don,t forget to reed the manual , have fun,.. in the end, we all have to reed it.

    I hope that helps!

    Geronimo.
    33324870
    33324870

  9. #9

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    Well The Tascam US 122 doesn't appear on devic3e set up, it does appear on vst multi track & outputs but doesn't on the rest, what's going on here...








    Quote Originally Posted by rumor22
    33324870
    33324870

  10. #10

    Re: PROBLEM WITH TASCAM-CUBASE

    ' it does appear on vst multi track'
    OK go to next!
    click VST INPUT and active port US-122
    do the same about VST OUTPUT

    ' i loaded a vst instrument,channel 1 midi 1, the out goes to the vst'
    yes,for example Universal Sound Module, lm-7,vb-1
    make a clip using pencil tool in the midi track and select it.
    open KEY EDITOR (MIDI->KEY EDITOR) and you can play on virtual keyboard.
    Of course if you set the in "US-122 midi in",you can connect midi keyboard.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •