• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX 1.5 is Great! but it would be better

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb RMX 1.5 is Great! but it would be better

Good morning!

I'm using RMX two months ago and I have to learn more about it. It sounds great, it's very customizable, and it provides a lot of flexible loops, rythms and sounds.
    When I use it, I always think about it can be better in any useful utilities.
    for example:
    - The universal scroll function doesn't work in RMX browser window.
    - I would like preview the first loop inside a group when I select any group.
    - Use any keys or bottoms for navigate throughout loop list previewing each loop to the next tempo part.
    - Use full zone of the control range, I mean, when I move any parameter (f.e. a fader control) now I need catch it from the actual position to de final position, but i think it would be better if we can do click in any zone of de range control and then move it over a relative movement to the final position.

I can't remember more addings I would like to use in RMX.
    Finally I'm very happy with this software and with its results and posibilities.

Seeyou!

Re: RMX 1.5 is Great! but it would be better

I hope to see your suggestions.

To add to this - I'd like to see the adjustment for course tuning to have a longer glide path, because it's a bit to touchy for even a laser mouse.

This has been said before, but I'd like RMX to remember where I was on that last channel and remain there when clicking to a new open channel.

This is nit picking which says alot about the product. No major flaws are present.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_314
    I'd like RMX to remember where I was on that last channel and remain there when clicking to a new open channel.

This is nit picking which says alot about the product. No major flaws are present.
    Amen, and amen.

I totally agree on both counts.

a little workaround:
    yes it seems complicated, but if you have lots of libaries it isn't that bad.
    when you finish with a part, do part copy, go to the new part an do part paste, it will obviously copy all the settings from the previous part including the loop/suite, so you can then continue in this part to find a loop in the same suite.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Smile Re: RMX 1.5 is Great! but it would be better

What a good trick!
    I'll use it just now.

OH -- I remember another thing that I'm always wishing: that I could truly capture in MIDI everything that happens in Chaos (including Buzz, etc).

I know that's been discussed before, but I can't remember if they said it can never be done (due to nature of effects), or what -- but yeah, I'd surely LOVE to see that!

End of my nitpicking coming up in: 3... 2... 1... DONE.

Yes, that's a limitation of MIDI. But, you can just capture the audio using
    your host to capture the full performance.

- Glenn

"This has been said before, but I'd like RMX to remember where I was on that last channel and remain there when clicking to a new open channel."

pssssssssssss... you may want to check their updates
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

One thing that I'd really love to see is a more flexible 'favorites' section. If I have a set of favorite snares, and I later find a new one to add to the list, I have to re-create the whole list just to add that one. It would be great if there was a way to add an element to an existing favorites group.
    Dane Hawkes DiAnda
    C. I. Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkes
    One thing that I'd really love to see is a more flexible 'favorites' section. If I have a set of favorite snares, and I later find a new one to add to the list, I have to re-create the whole list just to add that one. It would be great if there was a way to add an element to an existing favorites group.
    Yes, I totally agree with the above - it would be a fantastic addition so that you could then catagorise your favourites. - obvoiusly a limit of 61 would still apply but it's certainly a well needed feature...

And as this seems to be the RMX feature request thread I'll mention again the desperate need for a "Trigger via MIDI/sequencer only" option in case it gets lost...

see this thread here:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42305

Please...!!!

Go Back to forum