• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ascention

Share/Bookmark

Ascention

This is a short number that I think would appeal to non-classical listeners and others. A bit thick but I was trying to get a spectorish big sound with two pianos and lots of strings.

GPO
    solo violin, solo viola, french horn, full organ, Steinway piano
    Miroslav
    violins, violas, cellos, solo violin, solo viola, cathedral organ, Steinway piano, full choir
    ST2
    fingered acoustic bass

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fast.../Ascention.MP3

Re: Ascention

A full sound indeed.
    The tune sounds familiar, what piece is that?

Beautiful job
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Nice piece, Fastlane.

Perhaps a bit more reverb if you're shooting for a Phil Spector sound.

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I'm on my second listening...you seemed to have captured one of those melody types that, on listening to it, says: "I've heard that before". It is kind of familiar but new all rolled up into a well structured melody. Great!

One comment about the presentation:

EtLux is right, a little more reverb would sound nice. Also, add a little space before the beginning of the piece. I don't know if it is only on my player but the first notes seem to start with a little "bump" as if the compression, or EQ or even reverb did not quite kick in.

Thanks for sharing this with our community.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Nice work!

I agree.. The melody seems very familiar,…. but yet I can't place a name on it.

Still, you've certainly made it your own….A great rendition!

~jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    I'm on my second listening...you seemed to have captured one of those melody types that, on listening to it, says: "I've heard that before". It is kind of familiar but new all rolled up into a well structured melody. Great!

One comment about the presentation:

EtLux is right, a little more reverb would sound nice. Also, add a little space before the beginning of the piece. I don't know if it is only on my player but the first notes seem to start with a little "bump" as if the compression, or EQ or even reverb did not quite kick in.

Thanks for sharing this with our community.
    I've had this one in my head for about fifteen years but really never tried doing much with it. I image Tschaikowsy's piano concerto inspired it but it's the piano chording with a strong melody that is similar. You might hear a little melody similarity. I've heard comments before that my music sounds familiar but they can't quite place it.

I'll try some more reverb and see what happens.

The beginning is a problem. I laid down the piano first but it seems to start a hair late. When I sync it up it seems to make it a very abrupt beginning. I think i'll have to modify it, maybe let the strings take the first beat with a heavy bass note and then bring in the pianos.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments.

Go Back to forum