• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale GPO in other programs (Mac)

Share/Bookmark

Finale GPO in other programs (Mac)

Hi all,

I just got the Finale GPO as part of the Finale 2006 upgrade. I love the sounds, but I would really like to be able to use them in other programs
    (especially Digital Performer 4.12 (for now)). However, they fail to pass the "plug in" tests when launched. MakeMusic (maker of Finale) tech support says that they should work, but that NI would have to tell me how.

After 4 days, NI tech support hasn't responded, so I was wondering if anyone else here has any suggestions.

Thanks, and I look forward to being part of this group!

El

Re: Finale GPO in other programs (Mac)

I don't have Digital Performer, so I can't help you specifically. But the Finale/GPO sounds are in AU format. Can DP read AU as a plugin format? If so, maybe you just need to copy the folder to wherever DP looks for them. That's only a guess though.

Jeff

Thanks,

Yes, DP does read Audio Units, and it sees the Finale GPO when it goes to load, but when it scans them it finds an error and refuses to load them as a
    plug in.

Ah well, I'll keep trying!

El

Ok, just puzzled out part of the problem (maybe).

After visiting some other forums (Finale, DP, etc) users keep refering to the Registration Tool that needs to be run to register Finale GPO.

Now, I have a Registration Tool for my other NI related products, but there
    isn't one in the Finale GPO Library. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times, but still no Registration Tool. And, indeed, when I open up the Kontackt Finale GPO player in Finale, it says unregistered.

Any thoughts on how to register the product?

Thanks,
    El

Hi Newsound,

Welcome to GPO land and to this forum. I am just guessing, but it would not surprise me if you cant run this AU plug with anything but Finale. You should upgrade to the full version of GPO if you want to use it in other DAWS.

Karl

Thanks Karl,

According to the MakeMusic (distributer of Finale) FAQ, it should work with any app that reads AU's, and other users seem to have made it work. I'm beginning to suspect that the installer DVD that I have is missing something.

I'd love to upgrade to the full version (and probably will in the not too distant future), but I'm trying to get this to work with the Finale version so that I can figure out my workflow before doing the full upgrade.

I'll keep you posted.

El

Quote Originally Posted by newsound
    Any thoughts on how to register the product?

Thanks,
    El
    During the Finale GPO installation a separate folder(Finale GPO) was created in my applications folder. Inside that folder is a registration tool icon. By double clicking on that, the registration process should begin.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    During the Finale GPO installation a separate folder(Finale GPO) was created in my applications folder. Inside that folder is a registration tool icon. By double clicking on that, the registration process should begin.

JT

Thanks Jeff,

That seems to be my problem. There is no Finale GPO folder (just a Finale GPO Library folder), and hence no Resgistration Tool program. MakeMusic tech support just responded that I need to call NI to try to resolve the problem, so I'm off to play that song and dance.

Thanks again,
    El

Ok, so I finally got through to NI tech support. It appears that since Finale 2006b the registration tool is no longer included, and essentially you have no need to register Finale GPO, as it will no longer run in any other program. Not really what I wanted to hear, but.....

I have suggested to Make Music tech that they need to change their FAQ section to reflect this.

I'm now off to investigate the upgrade to the Full GPO version.

Thanks to all that helped!

El

Go Back to forum