• Register
  • Help

Topic: Avanced

Share/Bookmark

Avanced

I've noticed the notice about Advanced GPO is gone. Hopefully this means it is imminent - not gone.

Meanwhile, I am getting more and more requests for concert band pieces. But they require saxophones, baritones, etc not in GPO. Any help there?

Re: Avanced

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    I've noticed the notice about Advanced GPO is gone. Hopefully this means it is imminent - not gone.

Meanwhile, I am getting more and more requests for concert band pieces. But they require saxophones, baritones, etc not in GPO. Any help there?
    Tom,
    We are still working on it. It doesn't mean that it is imminent. We have made some nice discoveries that we want to incorporate and do not want the presure of quick expectations. As far as the requests you are receiving, I think you will be very pleased soon.

Gary Garritan

Is there any news on whether pedal tones/notes are being included for trombones, horns, euponiums etc., ?

There are plenty of scores out there that call for these.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Though playing pedal tones with solid tonal quality can be difficult for many players, they can be quite useful at times... be a neat addition, especially in the 'bones.

I'm not looking forward to more learning curve -- dang, but I'm slow at getting the hang of all this -- but with all these tantalizing hints Gary's been seeding, I'll likely be amongst the first in line for GPOA.

I'd like to emphasize patience in this once again, though. From what I've been gathering, this is quite an ambitious undertaking; and I for one am content to wait and let the development stew burble properly!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum