• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Installing TBO in GS3

Share/Bookmark

Installing TBO in GS3

I got my White Grand ( LOVE IT !!) and my TBO in the mail yesterday....I loaded White Grand with no problems, and played it for hours yesterday...Great program Worra !!....
    Today I tried to load TBO and when all was said and done there was a problem ....I rebuilt the database and still had problems trying to load up TBO
    I just deleted all of TBO files to start over ....
    I know in the directions it said that TBO will not function properly without the GPulse files....When I loaded the GPulse files I put them in the
    D:\Tascam\GPulse\Common folder ....I also remember when loading GPulse file for Vintaudio , I had to put them in the D:\Tascam\GPulse\Common\bin folder for them to work ...Is this the case with TBO, or do they work fine in the "Common" folder ? ... I was very precise when loading the files to the right place , and checked to see that everything was in their prospetive folders, and all looked good .... I am also assuming that the "more files " folder on disc 2 that has 2 folders in it , should be openned and those files should be copied to the "TBO" folder that is in the "D" drive ...Is this correct ? ....I don't know where I went wrong ....Does anybody have any idea's , or did I do something wrong in the istallation ? .....Thanks in advance .....Sincerely, Jim

Re: Installing TBO in GS3

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    I got my White Grand ( LOVE IT !!) and my TBO in the mail yesterday....I loaded White Grand with no problems, and played it for hours yesterday...Great program Worra !!....
    Today I tried to load TBO and when all was said and done there was a problem ....I rebuilt the database and still had problems trying to load up TBO
    I just deleted all of TBO files to start over ....
    I know in the directions it said that TBO will not function properly without the GPulse files....When I loaded the GPulse files I put them in the
    D:\Tascam\GPulse\Common folder ....I also remember when loading GPulse file for Vintaudio , I had to put them in the D:\Tascam\GPulse\Common\bin folder for them to work ...Is this the case with TBO, or do they work fine in the "Common" folder ? ... I was very precise when loading the files to the right place , and checked to see that everything was in their prospetive folders, and all looked good .... I am also assuming that the "more files " folder on disc 2 that has 2 folders in it , should be openned and those files should be copied to the "TBO" folder that is in the "D" drive ...Is this correct ? ....I don't know where I went wrong ....Does anybody have any idea's , or did I do something wrong in the istallation ? .....Thanks in advance .....Sincerely, Jim
    Hi Jim.

Glad you like the White Grand!
    What kind of error message do you get when loading TBO? Can you load a patch that doesn't use GP, like TBO 1.gsi?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Worra,
    Thanks for the reply....I get an "unknown system error " ....

When I look into the .gsi files in the database, the only files I have in there for TBO are ;

TBO3.gsi ---- 36228KB
    TBO 4 PU ...... 5307KB
    TBO 4 PU ...... 15466KB
    TBO 4 PU ......34774KB
    TBO 4.gsi.......36228KB
    TBO PUC ...... 1537KB
    TBO PUP ....... 5818KB
    TBO PUP ......16304KB
    TBO.gsi ........36228KB

I have White Grand loaded and it plays fine.....I can load and play anything else in GS3, and it plays fine.....The only problem that I have is with TBO ..

Worra,
    There is NO TBO 1.gsi in the database menu ..... Everything from the 3 discs is loaded into the program as per instructions......I did this twice already, and have the same problems....Bad discs ?.......

Please check your GS3 system , and see what folder your GPulses are ....Mine are in the D:\Tascam\GPulse\Common folder ..... This is where most all of my GPulses reside except for the GPulses for Vintaudio C7 which reside in the
    D:\Tascam\GPulse\Common\bin folder

Worra,
    I rebuilt the database AGAIN and now I see the TBO 1.gsi preset ...
    I tried to load it , and this is what I got ....

GSDLL

D:\TBO\TBO1.gsi is a pre release performance file. This file is no longer valid.
    Please rebuid this performance .

What's all this ? .....

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Have you tried deleting all the content, and recopying it onto the system again? These sound like some really offbeat errors, and perhaps something is corrupt and creating an unpredictable situation.

I wish you luck. TBO is lovely, and you'll have a great time playing it once you get it running!!

Hmmm... do you have the latest version of GS3? Could be that you need to get the latest version. If you have a version older then the one TBO was made on, you'll get an error.
    You should have at least v3.12.2322.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Bruce,
    Yes , I did a 2nd install ....I painstakingly did on file at a time to make sure ..
    The files were all there the first time, and they are all there the 2nd time...
    I know what you mean about TBO ...I bought it because it was so expressive..It seems to be the one piano that will give a little softer side of the the coin, and when digging in it can be very percussive also .... Not many piano's will give you this ....That's why I ordered it ... I'm thinking it might just be the BIG ONE to beat !! Just my opinion as I know how subjective any of these programs can be ...BTW ...What version of GS are you running, and are you having any problems with it ?....Thanks, Jim

Worra,
    Are you SURE I will get errors if I don't have the later version of GS loaded ?
    I have been staying with 3.04 as I have had no problems with it ....I have heard of problems with the later versions....I do have 2.5 samples in my libraries , and don't want to have problems with GS not recognizing files ....
    Thanks for your help....Jim

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Worra,
    Are you SURE I will get errors if I don't have the later version of GS loaded ?
    I have been staying with 3.04 as I have had no problems with it ....I have heard of problems with the later versions....I do have 2.5 samples in my libraries , and don't want to have problems with GS not recognizing files ....
    Thanks for your help....Jim
    Well, not 100%, but 98%..... Usually instruments built in a later version doesn't load in an earlier version. I haven't tested loading it in a earlier version, so I can't verify.
    Why don't you upgrade and then, if things doesn't work, you can go back to the earlier version.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Worra,
    I'm not sure how to go back once I commit to going forward ....I will go ahead and update to the newer version 3.12, but I sure do hope that I won't regret it later ....Thanks for your reply ...Sincerely, Jim

Go Back to forum