• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Motu Ethnic Instrument. This might be cool.

Share/Bookmark

Motu Ethnic Instrument. This might be cool.

Cant hurt to have a few choices in this catagory.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2140.html

Re: Motu Ethnic Instrument. This might be cool.

The demo I heard sounded really good.

Demo? Is there a link?

Lightbulb Re: Motu Ethnic Instrument. This might be cool.

I have the flyer of this 4GB VI, which I picked up at NAMM. I looked up the web site, but nothing is really there yet. It looks like a very interesting instrument, and you can never have too much percussion or too many strange instruments....
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

I heard it at NAMM.

It look likes a great VSTI. I am looking forward to listen to the demo. And the price is good
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    I have the flyer of this 4GB VI, which I picked up at NAMM. I looked up the web site, but nothing is really there yet. It looks like a very interesting instrument, and you can never have too much percussion or too many strange instruments....
    It says it's 4 GB instruments and 4 GB phrases, so 8 GB all together. Does the flyer not state that?

What I find interesting is that the phrases are similar to Rex2 files, meaning they seem to have a fair amount of editability. Ie, change tempo, cut out notes, rearrange the loop etc. Sounds like it's got potential, and $300 is not a bad price.

So the main difference with RA are loops, and if the list of instruments is as big, and the price difference is so big...
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Well, it's about time for a price slash on some of the older EW products now anyway. Maybe this thing will be serious competition. Competition is good.

Ars

I'm always excited about more ethnic content, but at the NAMM demo I recognized some phrases as being from the Soundscan "Spanish and Gipsy Traditions" disc, which leads me to believe that some of the material in Ethnic Instrument is not new content. Given the previous collaboration between MOTU and USB, this would make sense...it remains to be seen how much of the content is actually new. Which of course won't really matter unless you have any of those Soundscan discs.
    What I'm really curious about is whether the depth of sampling on the individual instruments matches (or comes close to) RA.
    That's where most ethnic libraries (including the Soundscan stuff) come up short for me.

matto

Go Back to forum