• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mellotron and Chamberlain samples?

Share/Bookmark

Mellotron and Chamberlain samples?

Does anyone have a line on some highly usable Mellotron and Chamberlain samples? I have a few in my library, including the ones on the Roland Expansion soundblock, but they are all less than awesome.

I was thinking that there might even be a collection on deep discount somewhere... anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for all of the instruments... strings, choir, flutes, etc...

Thanks.

Re: Mellotron and Chamberlain samples?

Quote Originally Posted by dtobocman
    Does anyone have a line on some highly usable Mellotron and Chamberlain samples?
    I just replied in the violin thread, but thought I should follow up here too. Check out MTron from GForce...

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...t.cfm?pid=2664

Doug

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

If you have Reaktor 5, the latest update to that has a new "string ensemble" instrument that sounds fantastic for those kinds of uses.

Man the Mellotron has such a cheesy lo-fi sound, I often wonder if it's worth resurrecting...

Then I listen to the opening of "Watcher of the Skies" by Genesis (before Phil Collins ruined them ) and smile...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Lightbulb Re: Mellotron and Chamberlain samples?

At NAMM there were actual Mellotron's there, as well as libs with Mellotron samples, like MTron. The most interesting Mellotron entry was a small company that sold what looked like the top of a Mellotron (about 4 or 5 inches thick), small keyboard and all, with a digital Mellotron inside. It sounded like the real thing. Nice.
    I saw Genesis with Peter G. do Watchers of the Sky in a small venue. One of the best shows I ever went to. The song was awesome.
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Go Back to forum