• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Are you happy with your Organ?

Share/Bookmark

Are you happy with your Organ?

I've cruised a few sites. looking for a concert pipe organ that really nails it.

Trouble is, few of the demos reflect my requirement (Straight Classical, not film).
    I mean this in the sense of writing a dedicated organ symphony (draft is nearly done) with a killer Pipe organ that is clear enough to be somewhere between a large cathedral sound, and a concert hall sound. I know this is fairly specific, but i'd like to get it right. (That's my right, not near enough right). There's quite a few that are 'character' sounds of historic instruments with odd foibles here and there, and yet i've heard recordings of newer, superbly tuned organs with a rich sound closer to my requirements. I've been fortunate enough to hear the new pipe organ in Russia's newest concert venue, Dom Musika. It's outstanding, and that's the sound that would suit me best.

Any opinions or information based on the requirements above would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex.

Re: Are you happy with your Organ?

Maybe this should be mixed with the Does size matter? thread.

steve

Do the following two sites not have anything to offer at all?

http://www.orgona.org/e_index.php

http://www.crumhorn-labs.com/

I know the second site says "crumhorn-labs" but it's actually the Hauptwerk site under another name (I think).

There's also something to really play all the samples on...

http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

Look for the d3 under keyboards

I can't wait to see how Bruce responds to this thread.

Has anyone tried the Jeux soundfont?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by johnamriding
    Do the following two sites not have anything to offer at all?

http://www.orgona.org/e_index.php
    The NDB organ samples included with K2 (3 stops) are really outstanding, and it really sounds classical

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    Maybe this should be mixed with the Does size matter? thread.

steve

Hahaha yeah!
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    I've cruised a few sites. looking for a concert pipe organ that really nails it.
    Haha. I ain't takin' the bait, Dan. I hope you said hello to that nutjob Finnie for me, by the way...if you haven't seen him, please give him my regards next time you do. Tell him Daniel Moore, Liesa Parko, and I hung out with Bob Houston in Commerce earlier this fall, and took his name in vain, haha....

Organ: Notre Dame de Budapest is outstanding, and has that elusive massive transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Crumhorn Labs is the name of the new company that was formed to market the new version of Hauptwerk. I have not purchased the upgrade yet (spent too much on other sounds libraries), but I do have the first version. I loved the first version (even with some limitations in the program), but the new release seems to have some serious improvements. It comes with one very nice organ, but there are quite a few 3rd party organs available also, from german baroque to 20th century modern styles.

Hauptwerk works like a real pipe organ so you can do things like create your own registrations, save and recall combination buttons, change registrations while notes are playing and many other cool things. Also some organs come in stereo so you can hear the individual pipes for each rank coming from the original spacial location.

I really recommend you at least check out the website.

Tom
    Tom, Bruce, everyone, thanks for the info. I'm going to have a look.

Regards,

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Crumhorn Labs is the name of the new company that was formed to market the new version of Hauptwerk. I have not purchased the upgrade yet (spent too much on other sounds libraries), but I do have the first version. I loved the first version (even with some limitations in the program), but the new release seems to have some serious improvements. It comes with one very nice organ, but there are quite a few 3rd party organs available also, from german baroque to 20th century modern styles.

Hauptwerk works like a real pipe organ so you can do things like create your own registrations, save and recall combination buttons, change registrations while notes are playing and many other cool things. Also some organs come in stereo so you can hear the individual pipes for each rank coming from the original spacial location.

I really recommend you at least check out the website.

Tom

Tom,
    do you know if Hauptwerk is available for Mac? Their site seems a little vague.

Regards,

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by johnamriding
    There's also something to really play all the samples on...
    http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm
    Look for the d3 under keyboards
    WOW!

Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum