• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Pitch Correction Software?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Pitch Correction Software?

Can anyone lead me to some good pitch correction software, preferably as a VST. I'm specifically looking for vocal pitch correction if it matters. Bruce, if you're reading this, dont laugh.

Eric

Re: OT: Pitch Correction Software?

Antares Autotune and Celemony Melodyne come to mind...
    I have not yet used either, but I have heard that Melodyne
    is supposed to be pretty easy to use and there is a version
    (Melodyne Uno) which is pretty inexpensive.

Tobias

I use Melodyne Uno a lot and enjoy its graphical representation very much. Though I run it as a standalone application. It could be run in rewire too.

I used Autotune before too which is a VST/DX plugin. But it's not as user-friendly and flexible as Melodyne IMHO.

Cheers,
    Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    Can anyone lead me to some good pitch correction software, preferably as a VST. I'm specifically looking for vocal pitch correction if it matters. Bruce, if you're reading this, dont laugh.

Eric
    I like autotune but i don't like their recent change in CP. The last time i had to install Autotune and authorize, they said I had to buy an ilok. When I bought Autotune, the CP I bought was challenge and Response, I never would have bought it if it had a dongle. So, I don't know if melodyne uses dongles or not but if they don't then I'd get that on that basis alone.

Regarding ease of use, Autotune is very easy to use, including the graphical interface. You just have to use the editing tools in the interface. If you want to erase pitch corrections that you've made, you need to use the "cut" tool.

Rick

Also, included with sonar 5 is roland's V-Vocal. Never used it myself, but some people seem to quite like it on the sonar forums. Several comparison discussions over there between it and the other ones.

http://www.leapfrogaudio.com/ also has one call rephrase.

steve

Melodyne, hands down.

Not the Antares doesn't work, but when you really want it to sound completely natural, Melodyne is the way to go.

I use it as a stand alone application, and although that requires more effort initially, the end results can be simply stunning.

I have Melodyne for my vocals(blush) and it's pretty darn cool. I use Cubase SL. It's a bit of a pain to render the audio out using Melodyne Bridge but once it's in Melodyne it's easy to help with pitch problems. There's a cool graph that shows you where your pitch is in reagrds to where it should be(once you detect it) Blows me away on how "off" i am in my singing. I also use it to help me learn where I am having pitch proiblems.

It is probably the best investment in a VST that I have made. It ain't the most sexy VST I own but it sure helps me stay in tune!

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Me-lo-dyne

Anybody have anything to say about TC Helicon VoiceWorks hardware?

Go Back to forum